Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Registration restrictions

(9 Posts)
Swaliswan Fri 18-Sep-09 09:33:50

Just being curious really. Why might OFSTED restrict a CM's registration to only two under 5 including one under one?

crace Fri 18-Sep-09 09:43:56

Because of space of their house, or how many children of their own they have?

squirrel42 Fri 18-Sep-09 10:13:10

Own children is the main one - the standard conditions when working by yourself are five children in total under 8, of which no more than three can be under 5 (or in the EYFS age group technically), of which no more than one can be under 1. If you have two children of your own aged three years and six months, that has used up two of your "spaces" for children in the EYFS age group and you would usually have a condition that you can only care for one extra child of that age.

Katymac Fri 18-Sep-09 13:14:36

Squirrel - I thought it was 6 under 8, of which 3 can be under 5 of which 1 can be under 1.

SillyMillysMummy Fri 18-Sep-09 13:21:21

mine is katymac smile

squirrel42 Fri 18-Sep-09 13:21:31

My mistake! Six is the usual maximum under 8, that's right.

fc79 Fri 18-Sep-09 22:26:15

Hello, I've been registered for only 3 children, I could choose what ages. It was only because I dont have children myself so needed to buy all the toys and equipment to start up, so the inspector said they would start me small and if I wanted to increase numbers I can talk about it at my first inspection.

nannynick Fri 18-Sep-09 22:30:41

fc79 - that seems unfair on people who don't have their own children. I wonder if in fact it would be classed as discrimination. Wonder if they have the same rule for a nursery - I doubt it!

fc79 Sat 19-Sep-09 12:07:32

nannynick- yeah it probably is unfair, but I was only planning on having a small business anyway. I am going to ask to be registered for the full amount tho as I've found it quite restrictive having to fit the children in and not being to overlap at all. Maybe I should sue ofsted for discrimination!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now