Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

double buggies and buses

(6 Posts)
mumjojo Thu 17-Sep-09 19:03:38

has anyone been on london buses with a side by side double buggy? Just wondering if there is room...

gruber Thu 17-Sep-09 22:02:57

Yes!! I regularly used London buses with an Emmaljunga double, very wide thing, and it fits in the wheelchair space fine (we went in the day when not busy).

Most drivers will open the rear doors, you pop straight through into the space and they will not drive off until you've popped brake on, gone down aisle to swipe oyster and gone back to buggy.

Hope this helps.

littlestarschildminding Fri 18-Sep-09 08:26:46

Yes but you have to get on at the rear as gruber said.

Some drivers are funny about letting you on and some won't open the doors. Most move off before I have got brake on or swiped oyster...mine obv aren't as nice as yours gruber!! lol

BertieBotts Fri 18-Sep-09 08:36:05

When I was in London someone got on with one - I had DS in a lightweight single at the time and we both fitted on with a bit of manouvering. The bus was very cramped as it was a busy Saturday morning. The bus driver was a bit stressy but otherwise no problem at all

BertieBotts Fri 18-Sep-09 08:38:26

Oh and she got on at the front, so there must be room to do so on some buses.

The key is not to ask "Have you got room"/"Can I come on with this buggy?" but to barge on with the confidence that you know you can come on. They don't tend to question you then.

gruber Mon 21-Sep-09 20:31:55

Agree with BertieBotts - just look expectant and hopeful and barge up to the doors, worked for me! Admittedly was in leafy Richmond not central.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now