Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Still waiting for partners CRB check (am reg to be a CMer) need some advice WWYD?

(17 Posts)
navyeyelasH Thu 17-Sep-09 16:16:55

Ok I started my registration to be a CMer about 4 months ago, have done all training, written my policies etc, had pre reg inspection etc etc etc. Called Ofsted about 2.5 months into registering as hadn't heard from them for a while and anyway it turns out they hadn't received my partners CRB. So had to go through loads of trauma and took about a week to send it to them, they have had it since 4th September.

The problem that I have is that all my checks are back and have been back for a while and I am nearly full with parents wanting to start on October (all of them know that I haven't had my cert yet and CRB could take forever).

I am a bit miffed as I can't start until partners CRB comes back. I understand why this is but it is still irritating that no common sense can be applied to my situation! But if I was an exisiting Childminder and had a new partner move in I could continue to care for children so long as my partner was never left alone with them.

My partner works longer hours than me and so will never be in a position to be left alone with any chilren, not to mention the fact that he wouldn't know what to even do with a child and would hate to be left alone with one.

I am now faced with the prospect of him moving out for 2 weeks or something, asking Ofsted to stop his CRB application so that I can start in October, he could then move back in and we could then resubmit the CRB check all above board.

Or carry on with his check and not be able to give the potential parents any definitive start dates.

ALso continuity of care is an issue as 50% of the children I will care for as a CMer have been nannied by me previously and I can only continue to care for them as a CMer.

Just very cross right now but I know I am being a little unreasonable! Is there another option I don't know about? Thanks!

navyeyelasH Thu 17-Sep-09 18:47:52

bump!

Yorky Thu 17-Sep-09 18:56:50

My reg was held up because the lady who came and did my pre-reg visit missed a digit from my drivers' licence number when she copied it onto a form and no-one rang to ask, like you I though this is taking a while and rang to ask. I was visited in March, my cert came through in September, DD was born in November!

Sorry, you probably didn't need to hear all that!

Can't think of a way around it other than your suggestion of him moving out temporarily, but it does highlight how petty the rules are when as you say someone completely new could arrive into an 'approved' situation

navyeyelasH Thu 17-Sep-09 19:37:04

Thanks yorky for agreeing it's a silly rule!

Looking at the CRB tracker thingy online his application is on stage 4 (am impressed they did that so quick!). Stage 4 is, Records held by the Police search; is there a way I can speed that part up does anyone know?

Nannynick and Katymac where are you!!!?!?

I had an enhanced crb done last month, for new job - which I hate btw sad - and it came back in 2 weeks. Hopefully you won't have to delay your contracts starting - can you not continue to nanny those children until yr reg comes through hmm

navyeyelasH Thu 17-Sep-09 22:08:03

underpaidoverworked, sorry to hear you're not liking your new job sad. I can nanny the children I currently nanny for but none of the parents are too keen for me to have their DC and 2 others at their house especially when 2 of the mums are PG and due any min! It's easier all round for me have them at mine.

Plus we have 2 new people who want to start in October (I will work with another CMer).

Katymac Thu 17-Sep-09 22:32:14

I know nothing about this.....sorry

navyeyelasH Fri 18-Sep-09 13:39:04

sad thanks though KatyMac.

Danthe4th Fri 18-Sep-09 14:47:27

I would email ofsted with a definate start date but tell them a week earlier than you really need, explain you have parents waiting to start, if they are given a date sometimes it speeds it up, no promises though.Give them a few days and then ring every day until you get it.

thebody Fri 18-Sep-09 15:23:06

I had to complain on a daily basis to the crb people because one of my sons checks took ages.. keep ringing and complaining, does work..
good luck, what a palaver it all is..

Why dont you like the job UNDERPAID?

navyeyelasH Fri 18-Sep-09 15:31:57

danthe4th thanks for the tip - I have told them parents want to start October the 1st. the guy on the hpone actually said "that's not our problem" angry

thebody, I feel a bit rude moaning at the CRB people as they only got the check on the 4th of this month. The fault lies with Ofsted!

Think DP is going to have to move out shock!

nannynick Fri 18-Sep-09 16:24:39

I don't think there is anything you can do. I'm not sure how DH moving out would help, as Ofsted are already aware of him, so I can't see them cancelling the check.

navyeyelasH Fri 18-Sep-09 19:28:11

nannynick, that's what's so silly - I checked with them and so long as he moves out they will cancel the check! Seems insane really.

katsim Fri 18-Sep-09 22:04:54

Hi,
I was waiting for my husband's crb check for 6 months as the Records been held by the Police search for too long. Could not do anything just wait.

navyeyelasH Fri 18-Sep-09 22:26:15

Katsim, that's a real bugger. Did they mention that your partner could move out? Also did you have parents lined up?

I rand them again today and an application manager is calling me back on Monday hopefully!

thebody Sat 19-Sep-09 12:57:01

best of luck Navy, stupid Ofsted aye..

navyeyelasH Tue 22-Sep-09 10:44:27

Thanks for your suport on this thread everyone - CRB has been dispatched to Ofsted!!!! Fingers crossed now that Ofsted process it in time for us to open on the 5th October.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now