Ok I started my registration to be a CMer about 4 months ago, have done all training, written my policies etc, had pre reg inspection etc etc etc. Called Ofsted about 2.5 months into registering as hadn't heard from them for a while and anyway it turns out they hadn't received my partners CRB. So had to go through loads of trauma and took about a week to send it to them, they have had it since 4th September.
The problem that I have is that all my checks are back and have been back for a while and I am nearly full with parents wanting to start on October (all of them know that I haven't had my cert yet and CRB could take forever).
I am a bit miffed as I can't start until partners CRB comes back. I understand why this is but it is still irritating that no common sense can be applied to my situation! But if I was an exisiting Childminder and had a new partner move in I could continue to care for children so long as my partner was never left alone with them.
My partner works longer hours than me and so will never be in a position to be left alone with any chilren, not to mention the fact that he wouldn't know what to even do with a child and would hate to be left alone with one.
I am now faced with the prospect of him moving out for 2 weeks or something, asking Ofsted to stop his CRB application so that I can start in October, he could then move back in and we could then resubmit the CRB check all above board.
Or carry on with his check and not be able to give the potential parents any definitive start dates.
ALso continuity of care is an issue as 50% of the children I will care for as a CMer have been nannied by me previously and I can only continue to care for them as a CMer.
Just very cross right now but I know I am being a little unreasonable! Is there another option I don't know about? Thanks!
My reg was held up because the lady who came and did my pre-reg visit missed a digit from my drivers' licence number when she copied it onto a form and no-one rang to ask, like you I though this is taking a while and rang to ask. I was visited in March, my cert came through in September, DD was born in November!
Sorry, you probably didn't need to hear all that!
Can't think of a way around it other than your suggestion of him moving out temporarily, but it does highlight how petty the rules are when as you say someone completely new could arrive into an 'approved' situation
Looking at the CRB tracker thingy online his application is on stage 4 (am impressed they did that so quick!). Stage 4 is, Records held by the Police search; is there a way I can speed that part up does anyone know?
I had an enhanced crb done last month, for new job - which I hate btw - and it came back in 2 weeks. Hopefully you won't have to delay your contracts starting - can you not continue to nanny those children until yr reg comes through
underpaidoverworked, sorry to hear you're not liking your new job . I can nanny the children I currently nanny for but none of the parents are too keen for me to have their DC and 2 others at their house especially when 2 of the mums are PG and due any min! It's easier all round for me have them at mine.
Plus we have 2 new people who want to start in October (I will work with another CMer).
I would email ofsted with a definate start date but tell them a week earlier than you really need, explain you have parents waiting to start, if they are given a date sometimes it speeds it up, no promises though.Give them a few days and then ring every day until you get it.