Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny share rates in London ? Help, please!!!

(4 Posts)
Oana Thu 17-Sep-09 16:01:33

Hi! I am a mother with a 13 months old baby and I am looking for a nanny job where I can take my baby with me.
I would like to know how much per hour would be reasonable to ask for nanny sharing in East London and surroundings areas, considering that I do not have any childcare qualifications?
Thank you very much

littlestarschildminding Thu 17-Sep-09 18:12:09

I used to charge £7ph Gross as a nanny when taking my baby to work with me. That was in West London but was a few years back. Nannies without babies at that time were on around £9-£11ph gross.

I was fully qualified and with 10yrs nanny/maternity experience.

If taking baby to work with you and the fact you dont have any childcare qualifications- not sure of your experience but around £5-£7 net an hr.

Oligo Thu 17-Sep-09 20:44:08

I work in that area and I;ve seen £9 nph advertised in north east london (zones 2, 3 and 4) more than once for qualified and experienced nanny and saying own child would be fine. However some qualified nannies without their own children only get £8 nph so depends on what parents are looking for. Really variable.

With no experience working for a family I think you'd be in for unexpected challenges, responsibilities, changes or adaptations to your/your childs routine. You would also have to think about things such as first aid, crb, insurance, making sure employers know the ropes with tax and hols etc.

If you are serious about childcare as a new career you could do core skills/choose a part time child related course as this would make you more attractive to potential parents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now