Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club....Variations on numbers

(12 Posts)
hennipenni Thu 17-Sep-09 13:23:55

How long does it usually take ofsted to ok them? I am in need of a variation until Dec so that I can have two under ones one day a week until then when both babies turn one.

I am overall low on my numbers in general as there is so little work around at the moment but it just so happens that the new baby needs one day the same as the other baby.

SillyMillysMummy Thu 17-Sep-09 13:37:56

ime they will only grant variation for continuation of care. I asked for a similar variation a couple of months ago and they wouldnt grant it as it was new business

hth

hennipenni Thu 17-Sep-09 13:49:02

Hmm thought as much, will give it a go anyway as it could mean me having to give up minding if they don't agree to it sad

ThePrisoner Fri 18-Sep-09 17:16:10

I have had a variation to allow me to have an extra child, and it was for new business. I explained to Ofsted that the parents had been unable to find anyone to accommodate them - I gave them contact details for the parents so they could check, but they accepted what I said and allowed the variation!

dmo Fri 18-Sep-09 17:32:54

i asked for a varition for 4 children under 5 i gave a very detailed letter explaining how the children would get to a and b and i got a new cert in 5 days of me posting my request smile

hennipenni Fri 18-Sep-09 17:54:34

Thankyou, thankyou, that's just what I needed to hear grin. I really can't afford to lose this child.

Danthe4th Sat 19-Sep-09 17:43:33

I got a variation for 2 under 1's no problem, 2 babies age 9 months from 2 different families, no continuity of care. Ofsted rang to check I had 2 car seats for them, 2 high chairs, 2 travel cots etc. they just wanted to know I could manage, at the time I only had a 14 month old part timer and they have both stayed with me now for 9 months. I would email threm on the downloaded variation form you can get on the website and put a start date of a couple of weeks away and see what happens.Mine came through in 10 days.

hennipenni Sun 20-Sep-09 19:27:21

Well, have just written my variation essay request. Hope I've included everything I could think of. Only time will tell now.

StaceR Mon 21-Sep-09 18:49:22

Because I was new to minding when I put my variation request for new business in, they just carried out my inspection earlier than planned, but they did give me the ok & I got my new cert within the week Good luck x

hennipenni Wed 30-Sep-09 13:39:29

Have had a call from ofsted this am but unfortunatly was out at minders group, will phone them back when older mindee asleep.

hennipenni Tue 20-Oct-09 11:28:48

Finally got my variation request after a quick 5 minute phone call gringrin

sofewbraincellsleft Wed 21-Oct-09 19:28:02

That's brill for you.

I received my variation within two weeks of applying and my new Registration Certificate 2 days before mindee due to start smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now