Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: What would you say to a mum who picked the dirt.....

(13 Posts)
Numberfour Thu 17-Sep-09 07:31:19

out of her 6 yr old son's toenails and flicked / dropped it onto your carpet? shock

even though your carpet is in dire need of cleaning? blush

Discuss. angry

HSMM Thu 17-Sep-09 08:03:23

What a bizarre thing to do! Can't think what my response would have been!

ApplesinmyPocket Thu 17-Sep-09 08:22:41

I think my response would have been an instinctive 'Arrgh! Don't do that!' in a sort of humorous squeak and followed up with a sheepish 'Sorry - makes me go Ick!' and then change the subject quickly.

Sometimes I find that's a better approach than anything more planned and stilted which can give an incident too much weight.

But how strange! Wincing here for you! Bet it made you get the hoover out though

Numberfour Thu 17-Sep-09 08:23:35

she's done it twice now.
i would NEVER EVER do that. bloody awful. no idea what to say. it turns my stomache.

MaMight Thu 17-Sep-09 08:27:22

I would say "that's really gross. Let me get you a tissue".

LisaD1 Thu 17-Sep-09 08:52:11

I would not be happy with that! I find it hard enough when kids turn up with no socks on as I HATE all things feet related! I would have to tell her that it made me feel ill and was very unhygeinic, especially with little ones crawling/playing on the floor. I would just be upfront, I think, and say "Please don't do that, it's not pleasant"

Ewww, for you, can't believe someone would be so gross/disrespectful shock

Numberfour Thu 17-Sep-09 11:11:43

think i must say something. we are very good friends so in some ways it makes it harder!

it is beyond me how anyone would think that that is acceptable.

thanks for listening to me going YUCK!!!!

danthe4th Thu 17-Sep-09 11:44:14

That is really grim!!!

atworknotworking Thu 17-Sep-09 12:13:00

Think I would ask him to kepp his socks n shoes on TBH - another feet hater here feeling a bit urgh at this post.

Thanks for sharing

Numberfour Thu 17-Sep-09 12:26:56

grin, atwork. need more details by any chance?

Tan1959 Fri 18-Sep-09 13:53:25

OMG, how disgusting and rude.

I would have said .... and children this is something that we definately do not do here ... look at the mum and say, 'do we mum'!!

atworknotworking Fri 18-Sep-09 15:34:10

Numberfour - No thanks

bratley Fri 18-Sep-09 15:49:07

Ugh, thats vile!

Tell her, before she does it again and makes you throw up all over her! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now