Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any know where I can find childrens toilets

(15 Posts)
atworknotworking Thu 17-Sep-09 06:48:42

I am trying to find toilets that are child size like they have in schools does anyone know where I might find some that don't cost £300+ each shock

TIA

Posted in nurseries as well for maximum infiltration to MN grin

nannynick Thu 17-Sep-09 07:01:07

Try getting a quote from Plumbing Trade Supplies - PTS

Plumbware have them, but will be around £200+vat.

FourArms Thu 17-Sep-09 07:04:38

Second hand ones here, but probably gone by now

Armitage Shanks is the main maker of small toilets I think.

Katymac Thu 17-Sep-09 07:54:59

Very hard to get hold of & expensive.....sorry you didn't want to hear that did you grin

atworknotworking Thu 17-Sep-09 10:45:02

Thanks guys, been a great help X

Can't believe how expensive they are though.

FourArms Thu 17-Sep-09 11:22:18

Could you compromise with one of those two in one seats?

atworknotworking Thu 17-Sep-09 12:15:34

Thats not a bad idea - do you mean the plastic ones that fit onto normal size toilets?

Think its the height really as well, would like a very low level for the 3 - 4 yr olds to manage better.

bran Thu 17-Sep-09 12:21:50

It might be cheeper and easier to raise the floor. I'm sure a carpenter could make something that would fit exactly around an existing adult loo and you could cover it in lino/rubber matting to prevent escaped wee from soaking through it.

atworknotworking Thu 17-Sep-09 12:54:28

Cor thats a bit clever, will have a look at that as I need 6 toilets so might be a much cheaper way of doing it thanks.

BrieVanDerKamp Thu 17-Sep-09 13:09:04

Are you a CM?????

Why are you getting 6 toilets??

bran Thu 17-Sep-09 14:47:25

It would obviously be cheaper not cheeper. blush A wooden frame might make a bit of a noise, but it's likely to be more of a squeak than a cheep. grin

Children's loos make me think of visiting Amsterdam Zoo where they had family cubicles with a big loo and a little loo. DS was thrilled, "Look Mummy, you're doing a wee out of your bum and I'm doing a poo out of my bum and we're together." grin

navyeyelasH Thu 17-Sep-09 15:55:47

we got a really small one from b&q, not designed specificaly for children, but the pan is very low! Cost £50 I think.

nbee84 Thu 17-Sep-09 18:51:42

What about a wall hung toilet and hanging it lower to the floor. Like this one.

Disclaimer Am not a plumber and don't know if you need a minimum height for the plumbing at the back!!! grin

nbee84 Thu 17-Sep-09 18:54:56

And looking at it again I can't see the cistern bit so maybe that is extra???

*Is definetely not a plumber*

atworknotworking Thu 17-Sep-09 20:24:00

I never thought that you mnetters would be so knowledgeable on toilets grin

Youv'e all got some fab ideas that I hadnt thought of thanks a lot.

BrieVanDerKamp I am a CM but fed up of working like a nursery so I've decided to open one instead, not as easy as I thought but up for the challenge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now