Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club:Staffroom W/C 14th......yes I know it's Wednesday already - but it's been busy

(12 Posts)
Katymac Wed 16-Sep-09 07:38:48

How are we all?

Run ragged?

Hopefully we I will get into the swing of school soon......just in time for half-term.

Is there anyone out there?

Shoshe Wed 16-Sep-09 07:49:06

My goodness had thought the staff room was out of use!

I actually have a very easy t ime of it at the moment, one 2 year old liitle boy in the morning two reception children in the afternoon, 19 month old little girl is away till the 28th, when little boy leaves, so the whole of October is just 19 month all day, plus reception children in the afternoon.

November brings 1 reception, One 3 year old 3 day a week, before and after preschool, the otehr two days, a 11 month, and the 19 month.

3 year old is coming back with her 11 month old sister after Maternity break, so I know her well.

But the best about it is that is going to be it for the next 12 months, plus I have been working 10 hour days 5 days a week for the last few years, these children will be 7.30- 4-30.

And Wednesdays and Fridays they are all usually gone by 3 {grin]

HSMM Wed 16-Sep-09 08:09:43

Nearly opened the staff room yesterday, but then had to run on by. Term going well so far, but missing my DD (year 6) while she's at school.

PinkChick Wed 16-Sep-09 10:44:04

Hi Girls, having lots of enquiries lately and extra hours wanted from exisiting children but also problems with exisiting parents, specifically 'forgetting' what we agreed to in our contract and expecting the earth for free! 8-(...one new mindee started last week, came one day, all contracts signed by both parents, paid for the day and told id get call friday with hours for this week...guess what!!!?? i havent heard from them and child IS at school??????? weird!...am all over the place at minute, picking up children on way to school in afternoon, others coming mopre hour/days, some changing hours night before which is fab, i LOVE having to change all my carefully layed plans for 9 children!..ha ha can you tell im stressed!smile
Just one for now, picking one more up this afty then dd and 2 more inc new one from school...feel like im spinning around and around and not getting anywhere LOL

Katymac Wed 16-Sep-09 11:50:55

So busy today 9 under 5 total of 17 for tea tonight....thinking of opening a restaurant (that includes a parent, 2x member of staff, 1x member of staff partner,Dh & DD.....fortunatley I don't like tonights tea or it would be 18 shock)

& I can't get a holiday booked sad

PinkChick Wed 16-Sep-09 12:29:46

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh..what was i saying!!!..just text parent of new child asking if all ok as not heard from them..rang me back..despite me reading out loud everything id put into contract last week, okaying it with them and BOTH of them signing, they now say oh they thought i could have him just as and when they wanted until october??????!!!!!...when their friend returns to college and would know when 'thay' can collect the child??..no one mentioned october at all, payment day was monday which shes said she was aware of...FGS!!!!!..they said they thought as contract had 4 week (cooling off period she called it!) settling in period the contract DIDNT apply!!??angry...have told them i 'can' amend contract to show she just reseving place until oct, but half fee reserve fee applys...they getting back to me angry.....so according to the contract which they both agreed to and signed they should pay me x amount every monday...#thay' changed mind/somehow misunderstood contract...do i push for fees they should have paid this week???

HSMM Wed 16-Sep-09 14:20:31

Or ... bin them ... no notice during 'cooling off period'.

looneytune Wed 16-Sep-09 14:33:04

Hi all

Not been on MN much lately, have I missed much?

I'm waiting for my reply from Ofsted (I complained) and they said I'd hear by yesterday at the latest but guess what...........not a dicky bird!! Oh well, why am I not surprised! lol

Right, best finish my cuppa before mindees start waking up then it's off to school we go.

Hope all are well. x

looneytune Wed 16-Sep-09 14:34:31

Oh.....quick question........my new website has finally gone live (yippeeeee grin) but I had a sudden thought, are we allowed to use the NCMA and/or Ofsted Logo? The team picked that out of my old website but I've got a feeling I read that we are only allowed Ofsted logo if got the special 'outstanding' one. Anyone know?

tigersmum Wed 16-Sep-09 15:59:18

Think you can use the NCMA one if reproduced presicely and if your a member of course but the Ofsted one is a no no unless you have the outstanding one.

looneytune Wed 16-Sep-09 17:06:01

Thanks for that. I hadn't really noticed before and then thought bugger. Thought that was the case about Ofsted, thanks, I'll get onto the people that designed it and see if they can remove the logo. It's just that they've added it for the useful links section and all the other links had logos so think they thought it was ok.

Thanks for confirming that

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 16-Sep-09 21:09:37

hellooooo smile

had my "Childminder Welfare Requirements Support Visit" for TWO HOURS today - good job it wasn't an ofsted inspection 'cause due to only working one day a week i've really let paperwork / policies / etc slide and have loads to ammend/put in place and more suggested training to do.
i'm due an ofsted inspection this year and am dreading it.

keep wondering why i'm still doing c/m and think it's really time to find something part-time to go alongside it. i would really miss the baby if i gave her up sad i miss all the kids i've minded even though i keep in touch and still see them occassionaly it's not the same as minding them sad

sorry bit of a woffle there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now