Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking For Full Time Sole Charge Nanny for Nanny Share in Chiswick/Hammersmith/Sheps Bush area.

(4 Posts)
TheHoneyBee Tue 15-Sep-09 21:58:28

Hello,

I'm a MN regular posting under a different name to protect my MN freedom to chat!

We are looking for a FT nanny to look after our 2 adorable children. One school age and one pre-schooler.

We are also looking for a family with one child to ultimately share with but are happy to commence a nanny and find that family further down the line.

Hours are 8.30am until 7pm 5 days a week. Sole charge and salary in line with current market rate for London and dependant on experience.

Nanny must have English as a first language and ideally be between 25 and 35 years old. The ideal candidate will be fun, creative, outgoing with driving/cooking skills as a bonus. As would a nanny currently working the area and familiar with activities, parks etc.

Please post if you, or anyone you know might be interested.

pinkandsparkly Tue 15-Sep-09 22:47:17

Do nanny shares work like this then? This is a genuine question by the way!

I can see how it would be great for the parents, sharing the cost of a full time nanny with another family, but I'm struggling to see how this would benefit the nanny?

I am familiar with a nanny share on a part time basis, 2.5 days a week with each family for example but I've never heard of the proposed arrangement stated in the OP. I am ready to be enlightened though!

TheHoneyBee Tue 15-Sep-09 22:58:25

Pink - they work many ways, but yes, thousands work like this and are often the most sought after jobs given the nanny is typically paid considerably more an hour more for caring for the children of two families simultaneously that if they were caring for just one family.

So, for e.g if I had three children I would expect to pay around 10 pounds per hour to a nanny in London, but because this will be my 2 children, plus the one child from another family, a nanny can expect around 12 pounds per hour.

It's a way for a nanny to enhance their capacity to earn, and have some variety. Also, if one family falls into some sort of financial crisis, you aren't immediately without a job.

pinkandsparkly Wed 16-Sep-09 00:11:51

I did wonder if the salary on offer would be greater than that of a one family nanny, it makes sense now, thank you! I can see it would be a fantastic opportunity for a nanny to increase her earning potential, especially in the current econommic climate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now