Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Farewell gift for child minder?? Ideas??

(5 Posts)
Dysgu Mon 14-Sep-09 14:08:29

My childminder, who has had DD1 for up to 5 long days a week for the past 2 years, is closing on Friday.

DD1 started with her at the age of 7mo. DD2 who is now nearly 9mo has been going for up to 5 days a week for the past couple of months.

This CM has been absolutely great but has decided to stop minding and is going to study instead.

She helped us find a new CM and is staying open until new childcare has been set up for all the times we need it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a farewell/thank you gift. I (really)want it to be from DD2 who has just turned 3yo. DP and I will probably give her a bottle of wine and her assistant (who is 7m pregnant) will get vouchers for her and for baby.

But for CM from DD1?

All sugestions gratefully received. (I am doing thi at work so will check back in later fr ideas.)

Thanks

homelesshedgehog Mon 14-Sep-09 16:27:57

I'm going through a similar thought process, although with a slightly younger child so hard to have any present that is actually 'from' the child.
I was planning to have LO make a card - finger painting, stickers, random doodles with crayon etc., to say thank you. CM is also quite relaxed about food from home on the premises, so we'll be doing some baking to take in on the final day.
I don't know about a gift. Maybe some wine and / or choccies from the family, as you suggest. Or, since CM has her own child as well, we might buy a toy as a present from LO, or even a toy as a goodbye present to her other mindees.
I'm sure others will have ideas.

anniemac Mon 14-Sep-09 16:31:19

Message withdrawn

Littlefish Mon 14-Sep-09 16:49:30

We gave our lovely CM a digital photo frame. On it, we preloaded some photos of dd with her own children.

She absolutely loved it!

I found one on Amazon which was about £40.00. Not sure whether that's more than you wanted to spend though.

Dysgu Mon 14-Sep-09 21:17:17

Thank you for the ideas. I really like all of them so think we may have a busy week! DD1 will love making a card and we had already planned to do some baking on Thursday afternoon for the farewell party on Friday afternoon.

I really like the idea of the digital photo frame. I am not sure about pre-loading it with pictures but I am sure she will be able to do that and she has taken lots of photos over the past few years so will have plenty of stuff to put on it.

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now