Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

First visit from prospective family tomorrow!!

(4 Posts)
fc79 Sun 13-Sep-09 21:22:23

Hello, Im a newly registered childminder and I have my first parents coming to visit me at 2pm tomorrow.

Im quite nervous about it and wondered if any of you could give me any advice or what to expect?

Thanks.

danthe4th Sun 13-Sep-09 22:13:59

You'll be asked about where you go, where the children will eat and sleep, show them the car seats, buggies etc. Be ready for questions about fees and be clear about payment in advance and being paid even if the child is ill and doesn't come.
Ask about any likes and dislikes any favourite toys, interests, siblings. Have a few toys out but not too much. Find out if they are looking elsewhere and as they leave try to see when they will let you know, I hate being left wondering. Give them all your contact details so no excuse but also make sure you have theirs. Can't think of anything else at the mo, but good luck

HSMM Mon 14-Sep-09 08:01:18

have your registration certificate and insurance ready to show them.

fc79 Mon 14-Sep-09 09:27:12

Thank you for the replies, very helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now