Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

LOVEMYGIRLS - good luck today, what a lovely day for a wedding :-D x x x x x

(20 Posts)
looneytune Sat 12-Sep-09 10:14:25

Hi hunny

Sent you msn messages but you're probably dead busy getting ready for your big day.

Can't believe it's here already!!

Wishing all the best of luck for today, have a great day, can't wait to hear all about it!!! grin

Love ya x x x

Katymac Sat 12-Sep-09 11:30:36

Hope the day goes well

All the best for your future together

dizzymare Sat 12-Sep-09 11:36:20

Congratulations, have a fabulous day smile

looneytune Sat 12-Sep-09 15:50:37

Oh, I really hope you've had the same weather as we've had here, such a beautiful sunny day :-) xx

crace Sat 12-Sep-09 15:55:49

Have a lovely day! xx

bonkerz Sat 12-Sep-09 16:32:06

i think lovemy girls lives just up the road from me and the weather here is gorgeous! goodluck today..........am now wondering if one of my 4 friends who are off to weddings today are actually going to lovemygirls wedding seeing as we live so close! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MaureenMLove Sat 12-Sep-09 17:18:09

shock I didn't even know she was getting married! I've been away too long! sad Lots of luck and have a wonderful day!

Mo x

addictedtomn Sat 12-Sep-09 17:31:00

congratulations and hope you have had an amazing day xx

Shoshe Sat 12-Sep-09 21:05:08

Good Luck and hope you had a wonderful day.

me23 Sat 12-Sep-09 21:07:38

I'm sure your day was wonderful honey, I wish I could have made it to the reception lots of love xxx

kormachameleon Sat 12-Sep-09 21:08:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LoveMyGirls Tue 29-Sep-09 21:59:32

Thank you all, we had a totally incredible day, I'm only just floating down to earth smile

There were so many things that went wrong but we managed to sort, a few days before the wedding I'd delegated a few things to people and said if anything goes wrong with what you're sorting please do your best to avoid telling me because it was such a whirl of everything going on and I felt my head would explode and I wanted to try and get enough sleep so I could look ok in the pictures and enjoy the day anyway afterwards I found out...........

My mum's best friends husband died the night before (but she only told me this yesterday sad)

The venue had crossed our booking out by mistake but luckily no-one else had booked the room and we had all the paperwork so was ok.

3 of the suits had jackets with arms too short and the best mans gf sat up until 12am the night before the wedding unstitching them.

Some of the shirts were dirty!

2 of the waistcoats didn't arrive when they should have so had to collect the next day.

The suit shop went bust the day before our wedding so we were lucky to get suits at all shock

Dressmaker forgot to alter the length of 2 of my bridesmaid dresses (supposed to be collected on weds luckily my sister collected them on the friday instead so not bad)

My sisters dress when steamed had numbers a few inches tall all over it and the dressmaker managed to get them out with washing up liquid.

Some of the mens buttonholes died overnight so had to get replacements on morning of wedding.

DH dropped the ring because he was so nervous, which I thought was pure comedy genius it really broke the ice and everyone relaxed more after that.

So it is THANKS so much to everyone who sorted all those things out to avoid stressing me out so I could relax and enjoy our wedding day now for the good stuff.......

On the morning of the wedding I woke up about 8.30 listened to this whilst drinking bucks fizz then my bridesmaids gave me a book they had put together about how much they loved me and their memories (they said they had all done their best to make me cry - I was close a couple of times!)

We had a relaxing morning getting ready, we sat around drinking pink champagne in the early afternoon, everyone looked stunning, my girls looked gorgeous and I felt so proud, then the photographer came, the car arrived and we went to the church, when I walked into the church it was so nice to see everyone close to us and as I walked to the front I tried to concentrate on DH but he was trying not to look (told me afterwards that he didn't want to cry - awww) when I got to the front and he looked at me he had tears in his eyes and struggled to say "wow" which made me melt!

The service was lovely and so romantic. The reception room looked amazing and everyone clapped as we walked into the room. The speeches were really good too, the best man and DH were so nervous about theirs but they did brilliantly. Everyone had made so much effort and I was overwhelmed with how hard everyone had worked to bring it together just as I'd imagined.

There was a slideshow of us growing up as we ate the buffet, the band were really good, during their second song my uncle slipped on my dress and I had to have the back of my dress repaired by my mum but nothing could spoil the day it was amazing I felt so close to everyone and they all kept hugging us telling us how much they loved us. We danced and chatted the night away.

The next day we had people round to drink champagne and eat with us, everyone was so happy, it was a totally amazing experience and the atmosphere was full of love.

I know I'm gushing and soppy but I can't believe how lovely it was and Dh and I felt so proud and happy and in love. We got back off our honeymoon yesterday and we are still floating on air and feel closer than we ever believed possible.

KormaNotReallyHereChameleon Tue 29-Sep-09 22:04:40

LoveMyGirls Tue 29-Sep-09 22:12:49

I'm not sure it just came out with shiny numbers on when it had been steamed, I didn't see it so I don't know how it happened but this what they think.

KormaNotReallyHereChameleon Tue 29-Sep-09 22:14:50

PinkChick Tue 29-Sep-09 22:18:12

sounds like a wonderful day, really happy for you smile.x

thebody Tue 29-Sep-09 22:24:31

oh my God!! sure it was a wonderful day and the best of luck to you but you had a stressful time didnt you..??

congratulations hun x

Hulababy Tue 29-Sep-09 22:30:30

G;ad everything came together to give you a fantastic day!

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Tue 29-Sep-09 22:39:49

Congratulations grin

looneytune Wed 30-Sep-09 14:44:05

Awwww hun, you just made me cry!!!! I'm so pleased all went well in the end, what a mad load of last minute problems though, good job you had people to sort it all!!

Will chat later on msn and hear all about your honeymoon

Good to have you back xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now