Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CRB and Ofsted Registration...simple caution on disclosure

(9 Posts)
BubbleSqueak Fri 11-Sep-09 21:39:33

We interviewed a potential nanny however she has a 'simple caution' on her CRB disclosure for a minor offence several years ago.

Anyone know how this could affect her application for Ofsted Childcare Register?

Ripeberry Fri 11-Sep-09 21:43:52

Depends what kind of caution it was. After a certain amount of years it becomes 'spent'.
If it was anything to do with child protection issues then there would be a problem.

BubbleSqueak Fri 11-Sep-09 21:56:47

was a 'simple caution' was not related to child protection

nannynick Fri 11-Sep-09 22:42:33

Did the nanny tell you about the circumstances under which they received the caution?
If it was a motoring offence, theft, something like that then I doubt Ofsted will be interested. If it was due to violence, drink/drugs, offence against a child - then I suspect Ofsted will be interested.

nannynick Fri 11-Sep-09 22:57:03

May be worth a read : Hampshire Police - Simple Caution
"Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) a simple caution will immediately become spent." but it does stay on the computer and will show up on a CRB check.

BubbleSqueak Fri 11-Sep-09 23:07:11

hello Nannynick,

yes she told us what it was which was theft. Was in a shop she worked in. she knew the people who were doing it and admitted to police the theft was going on and took no action therefore was considered to part of it and therefore given the simple caution.

BubbleSqueak Fri 11-Sep-09 23:12:19

thx for that link was v useful.

I was thinking that it would be removed after a certain period of time, looks like it stays on the record for life

vInTaGeVioLeT Sun 13-Sep-09 00:14:00

everything stays on your record - even juvenille offences.

luckylou Sun 13-Sep-09 01:06:18

I'm 56 and still have to 'fess up to a minor offence committed as a juvenile (15) every time I apply for a CRB check. Nothing's ever 'spent' for the purposes of an enhanced check.

No, it won't affect her application for Ofsted registration

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now