Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

help - my au pair needs some friends

(6 Posts)
jennyemm Fri 11-Sep-09 08:39:48

Hi all,

I have a lovely 19 year old au pair from Canada, but she is getting very homesick and lonely whilst im at work, she is desperate to make friends and meet people so was hoping there may be some people in a similar situation ie, other au pairs that are also looking to make friends. We live in Congleton - any advice would be great as i really dont want to lose her, shes fab
thanks

DadInsteadofMum Fri 11-Sep-09 09:05:02

There is a facebook and http://www.aupairinuk.com/home.php this is how mine have found friends.

DadInsteadofMum Fri 11-Sep-09 09:05:36

Sorry - there is a facebook GROUP.

TwoCupcakes Fri 11-Sep-09 12:21:04

does your au pair take your children to toddler groups/other kinds of classes because that's a marvellous way to meet other au pairs there. Even trips to playgrounds sometime can work in terms of meeting other people. I have also actually seen notices as post offices where the parents post notices saying they have au pairs who'd like to meet other au pairs and providing phone numbers. good luck, hope she makes some friends soon.

DrEvil Sat 12-Sep-09 07:58:42

I'll definately point my ap in that direction, she's struggling to meet people and I think it's hard for her as she's a very outgoing Australian.

If anyone is in S. Hants give me a shout, my ap would love a social life.

TwoCupcakes Tue 15-Sep-09 09:28:08

just realise i had posted the same thing to you on the other post about notices at post offices etc! hope it goes well, i will also ask my friend if her au pair has any contact details of friends living in the south

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now