Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - how do I tell mum NO, not a good idea to visit after a day minding!!

(6 Posts)
Numberfour Fri 11-Sep-09 07:33:19

I have, for better or worse, become good friends with one of my mothers. I have helped her through all sorts of crises and I know that she would not hesitate to do the same for me.

She wants to come over this evening just for an hour to catch up a bit and I said yes but I should have said NO!!!!! SO cross with myself.

DS started full time school yesterday so he will be shattered. Her DS of 6 yrs old only went to bed at 10om last night so he will be finished by 6pm. Plus when our DS's get together and are tired there are either all sorts of nonsense or tears (although they adore each other).

Also we are away from tomorrow morning for the weekend and I want to get the house sorted tonight and of course DS will need to get to bed early!

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR How do I tell her it is NOT a good idea to come over at 6 tonight even if only for an hour!

stooopid me. sad

Numberfour Fri 11-Sep-09 07:43:21

hhmmmmmm now i am thinking maybe it won't be all bad...........

but there have been times when she has popped in and then stayed for the night with her son!

please please please please not tonight!

purepurple Fri 11-Sep-09 07:45:13

Wait till you pick up your DS from school, then phone her and say that you are going to have to cancel as DS is worn out from school.
have you both got facebook? You can always suggest a catch-up on chat.

Numberfour Fri 11-Sep-09 07:58:26

Think i will have to do that. thanks, purepurple. DH just had a slight pop at me about it!
don't blame him. we do need my friday nights to ourselves.

crace Fri 11-Sep-09 09:03:33

Definitely reschedule, I am sure if she is a good friend she will understand. No doubt it's you feeling bad about it - I would be exactly the same about it.

Numberfour Mon 14-Sep-09 10:48:19

wish i had rescheduled, crace. i changed the time to 5pm. she left at 6.40, i was shattered, the house was a tip and DS still needed to be put to bed.

and i am so sure that she wanted to tell me something....... she must have asked me 3 times how i was!!!

hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now