Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much would you charge to babysit all night?

(13 Posts)
cvyes Thu 10-Sep-09 21:42:53

Hi I asked my childminder if she could have my youngest dd to spend the night (dh 40th) but she said she'd prefer to come to my house to spend the night & look after all 3 of my dd's (3, 6 & 9). I was really pleased & asked how much she would charge - she's asked me to suggest a price but I haven't got a clue & would be v.grateful for what you may think is reasonable? Thanks x

CarGirl Thu 10-Sep-09 21:44:47

My charged £50 about 3 years ago she is generally inexpensive though.

I also think you may want to factor in whether it will be an easy "babysit" or hard work due to night wakings, someone playing up etc.

cvyes Thu 10-Sep-09 21:48:07

Thanks CarGirl - it should be pretty easy for her as youngest is in bed by 6pm, settles well & sleeps to at least 7am. Oldest dd will help getting breakfast etc.

danthe4th Thu 10-Sep-09 22:12:06

As a cm I charge £8 per hour up to midnight then £30 sleepover till 6am then £8 per hour but only to people who I know its more to others.

cvyes Fri 11-Sep-09 08:09:42

Thanks Dan - any others???

cluckyagain Fri 11-Sep-09 08:13:41

I would personally be delighted with £50! I would offer £50 up to 6am and then pay her £8 for every hour you lie in bedof ro after that!!!

cluckyagain Fri 11-Sep-09 08:13:58

lie in bed for!

gallery Fri 11-Sep-09 14:50:43

I had 2 people come in for me as my kids are little 4 and 1. I gave them each £50. It was expensive but worth it because of the age of the kids. They were up early with the youngest!. They were there from 5ish till 11 am. So I would suggest more than £50 -perhaps £70ish

As a qualified childrens nurse I nanny ad-hoc and assuming your children sleep all night I charge £100 for 7pm-7am then hrly rate of £12 an hr for any additional hrs hope this helps I am in east midlands by the way.

cvyes Fri 11-Sep-09 19:13:49

Thanks for all your suggestions - it's still a tough one for me as I don't want to insult my cm by offering too little but on the otherhand dh's birthday treat hasn't come cheap so I need to watch my pennies! Am currently thinking in region of £50-70??

limonchik Fri 11-Sep-09 19:53:19

I'm a nanny - I charge £8 an hour with a sleepover fee of £30 for midnight-7am.

CarGirl Fri 11-Sep-09 20:28:32

How about £50 plus a thank you gift?

NannyChels Tue 15-Sep-09 21:43:26

I'm a Nanny and I charge from £10 per hour for ALL night Night Nanny work...

If you didn't have troublesom children and you knew they'd sleep all night then I'd probably accept £8/£9 an hour at a minimum!

It's got to be worth the carers while... think if the little ones wake up, miss Mummy and spend the whole night crying... she then gets no sleep and has to work the next day with however many children.I personaly wouldn't do that for £50 but everyone is very different!

If they know you and the child you're more likely to get it a bit cheaper

Chels

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now