Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM given 6 wks notice...plan b?

(3 Posts)
joeyw Wed 09-Sep-09 18:35:15

DS1 is 2.5. DS/DD 2 is due Mar 10.
CM given 6 wks notice on her 2 days she has DS1. DS1 also does 2 days at nursery and one day at home with me.
Plan was for DS1 to drop nursery when i start mat leave and continue with CM for 2 days a week as she is local (walkable) and nursery a car journey away.
Now that's not an option, wondering whether to up his days in nursery to 4 and then try and manage the logistics somehow both now and when on mat leave. He will get pre-school place next sept (hopefully) so wont be as much of an issue then.
reluctant to find another CM as may be too much change for him - he has only been in current regime since Jan this year, and already had 2 CMs proir to that.
Anyone got any bright ideas. ?
No other nurseries in walking distance unfortunately.

nannynick Wed 09-Sep-09 19:03:36

Is your pregnancy going smoothly? Are you anticipating any problems following birth of DS2/DD1?

Is increasing nursery days until you go on maternity leave a possibility... dropping back to 2 days at nursery once on maternity leave?
Then once DS2/DD1 is born, reassess what your childcare needs will be.

joeyw Wed 09-Sep-09 20:32:46

that's kind of what i thought. not really anticipating any probs with pg or birth. last time i had a very smooth pg & easy birth. expect general stress and baby blues to be worse second time but other than that...
increasing nursery days is prob ok - awaiting confirmation from them tomorrow.
jsut will mean slightly more difficult drop offs and pick ups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now