Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any CM/APs with experience with older SN children?

(3 Posts)
TruthSweet Wed 09-Sep-09 13:57:35

Hi,

I'm posting on behalf of my brother and his DP. DB's DP has two DDs with SN (emotional/educational/some physical) aged 13 & 14 and also has a DS aged 6 (no SNs) and is hoping to find childcare for them all after school for general childcare & homework help as she is looking into new job opportunities. They are in West Sussex.

Does anyone know where would be best for her to look for childcare to match her requirements or does anyone know of anyone who would do this kind of childcare? I'm not touting for a direct reply of 'I'll do it, here's my no.' as I see that is against board regs but more of a gentle nudge in the right direction.

Many thanks.

PS cross posted on SN:Children board.

tigersmum Wed 09-Sep-09 15:38:38

I do older children with SN. They arrive in a taxi from their school so no picking them up and mum collects and hour or so later. Its never been a problem of any kind for me so I am sure there are lots of childminders out there who would be only too happy to offer their services to keep all the children together. I am not in your area unfortunately but I hope someone can help you. Have a look on www.childcarelink.gov.uk for childminders in your area.

ThePrisoner Wed 09-Sep-09 18:13:49

I have minded older children with a range of special needs, some of whom have been placements through Social Services.

The Family Information Service (which tigersmum has suggested) should hold details of those minders who already have experience of special needs, or who would be prepared to care for children with special needs, so it is definitely worth ringing your local FIS for a chat.

Failing that, you can obviously contact CMs direct yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now