Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

paid babysitters?

(7 Posts)
salbysea Tue 08-Sep-09 23:59:36

what are the rules?
where is the line between a babysitter and a childminder?

xoxcherylxox Wed 09-Sep-09 00:03:33

if a babysitter/childminder is watching your child for more than 2 hours a day and in there own house they must be a registered childminder however if they are watching the child in the childs home the 2 hour rule does not apply and they do not have to be registered. babysitters unless with an angency are not usually registered.

salbysea Wed 09-Sep-09 00:09:00

great, thanks. And would I need to do anything re tax if I had someone in my home for a few hours a week? or would it be okay to just pay em cash and leave it up to them?

cat64 Wed 09-Sep-09 00:12:00

Message withdrawn

salbysea Wed 09-Sep-09 00:15:15

it would be twice a week for about 5 weeks when there will be an overlapping of about an hour between my husband's job and a second job I am thinking of applying for

In my home

a uni student

xoxcherylxox Wed 09-Sep-09 00:16:17

you would not have to deal with tax just pay them cash as they are usually as cat64 says a teenager or student just looking for a bit extra money not actually a job

salbysea Wed 09-Sep-09 00:18:16

not teenagers, in 20s. One is doing post grad stuff so wouldnt be a student for tax purposes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now