Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

registration fees

(11 Posts)
imamumof3 Tue 08-Sep-09 19:06:09

Hi can anyone tell me how much the total cost is to actually get registered please.

imamumof3 Tue 08-Sep-09 19:06:40

as a childminder lol

nannynick Tue 08-Sep-09 19:08:17

Total cost to register as what? By total cost, do you only mean the fees payable to the regulator (where are you located, England, Scotland, Wales, elsewhere?) or other costs as well such as Public Liability Insurance, Training Courses etc.

nannynick Tue 08-Sep-09 19:09:29

cross post there with regard to first question - but other questions still apply, especially which country you are in.

imamumof3 Tue 08-Sep-09 19:12:49

I'm in the UK London. I would like to know the cost of everything, like all payments to be made until I can actually start childminding.

nannynick Tue 08-Sep-09 19:28:27

I'll start by listing the one's I can think of... a CM will probably be able to add to the list (I'm a nanny, not a CM).

Health Check £varies - contact your GP - budget for £100 and hope that it's less. One off fee.
Ofsted Registration £30 (Annual fee)
ISA Registration (from October 2009) £64 One off fee.
Public Liability Insurance - Morton Michel from £40, NCMA £23 (plus £63 membership fee)
Note: Your local authority may have a deal with NCMA to provide first year membership.
Early Years First Aid Course - £varies, can be £100 if not funded by local authority.
Fire Blanket - around £20.

Your local authority Early Years team will be able to tell you about what things they provide as part of your Childminder induction training.

nannynick Tue 08-Sep-09 19:30:50

Also consider other costs such as Household insurance policy (your insurer may or may not charge an additional amount to cover you for accidental damage whilst as a childminder). Car insurance - You need at least Business Class 1 which some insurers may charge extra for, others won't. Specialist insurance is also available from providers such as Morton Michel.

moomillion Tue 08-Sep-09 19:39:48

some of local councils fund everything in you first year so you get paediatric first aid, abuse and neglect training, ofsted reg, ncma membership, insurance, introduction to childcare practice diploma and your doctors note. fingers crossed this is true for you.

imamumof3 Tue 08-Sep-09 19:55:14

I have contacted my local council and they do not do funding, apparently they never heard of such a thing.

xoxcherylxox Wed 09-Sep-09 00:14:07

hi i am a childminder, i had to pay £30 when sending my application form away, care commission covered the expense of my disclosure but i had to pay £10-£20 for a docs letter to say i was fit and healthy. i then paid about £80 - £90 for my liability insure and my membership with the scma but this included there welcome pack with registered, cash book, registeration forms information books, fire blanket and lots more. i am insured with directline for my car insurane and they dont charge anymore as for household we didnt have it before i started minding now we have it and we are £35 a month through one that it recommended by the scma for childminders. hope this helps

imamumof3 Wed 09-Sep-09 09:14:09

Thanks everyone, yes that helps alot Cheryl grin. I have an idea now how much I will need.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: