Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au Pairs - Would you pay for flight or transfer money..?

(4 Posts)
Treeesa Tue 08-Sep-09 12:28:09

A friend of mine who was using an on-line agency had an email from an au pair asking for her to send money to her via Western Union. She didn't.. and she doesn't know if the girl was genuine or not... She asked my advice as we've had au pairs for a while and it got me thinking.. How many people has this happened to... A lot of people here must have been using on-line agencies etc over a long period, so is it just urban myth/scary stories or are people being taken for a ride..?

au pair scams

catepilarr Tue 08-Sep-09 13:56:23

no, dont send any money anywhere. specially not through western union.

DadInsteadofMum Tue 08-Sep-09 16:12:29

Never ever send money, especially not through Western Union and definitely not to West African countries.

I always use on line au pair "agencies", when I restrict my useage to au pair world all works well when I start using some of the smaller sites I start to get similar emails, they get deleted straight away, don't even reply to them.

Millarkie Tue 08-Sep-09 17:54:41

I've not been asked to send money (I only use aupair-world and greataupair but if I were asked I wouldn't pay. Au pairs are responsible for their own flights (and also because of the warnings about paying anything by western union)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now