Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What you would you do ? Big dilemma.....

(10 Posts)
Sensitivechildminder Tue 08-Sep-09 10:53:31

Hi!

I have been looking after this little boy for a year now on and off,she really settled well, she is a pleasure to look after etc..the mum has been redudant end of november 2008, 2 months into the contract..so this little boy stopped coming to me...and I didnt made them pay even if it was last notice etc...In Janurary, I have offered to keep the place for them and that they could me pay as you go...In July she told me that she was starting a 6 months contract in september..so didnt see the little boy for 2 months thinking that september will be good I'll have him everyday for 6 months everyday (2 days per week)

The thing is yesterday she told me that she didnt have the contract anymore and that she was doing some jobs there and there..

I'm not pissed off with them I know it must be difficult but the thing is I dont think I can afford anymore our arrangement...I have planned on getting pay the whole month and now I probably wont..

What should I do ? Shall I call it a day ? Shall I try to find someone else ?

Sensitivechildminder Tue 08-Sep-09 10:57:13

bump

Give notice - this is your business, not a drop in creche service - sorry if that sounds harsh, but recently had the same done to me and now realise how soft I have been so far. Some parents don't realise we need the income to pay bills and feed our families - it's not just a 'hobby'.

Write her a letter giving whatever notice you have in your contract and start advertising the place. Good luck smile

Sensitivechildminder Tue 08-Sep-09 11:02:38

I'm having a chat with her tonight, dreading it..have doing this arragement for 10 months, cant carry on..I'm going to create a lot of upset. :-(

JUst explain to her that you understand her situation but it is causing you financial hardship and for that reason you cannot keep the place open any longer. I would even work out how much it has potentially cost you in lost earnings - you could quote what you would have had off her contract if child had been with you and she had been paying you.

She may be upset but she should understand - you have accomodated her for a long time, it's time to move on.

Sensitivechildminder Tue 08-Sep-09 11:13:29

Thanks underpaid, I'm going to tell her, I think she is more or less expecting it anyway !

Good luck smile

How did you get on.

Sensitivechildminder Wed 09-Sep-09 08:41:06

Didnt have the strenght blush, gave her 3 more weeks..I'm too soft.

danthe4th Wed 09-Sep-09 22:14:18

I should carry on until you find someone that fills the space, some money is better than none.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now