Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

overnight care

(5 Posts)
moomillion Mon 07-Sep-09 22:11:06

Hi just wondering what regulations you need to meet to become registered for overnight care as i have had a few enquiries recently

I live in a new house with fire doors, mains fire alarms with battery back ups. I just wondered if anyone had applied for this after they had registered with ofsted?
Any info would be greatly received thanks

tigersmum Tue 08-Sep-09 21:20:31

I did. Was very straightforward, just needed to prove that I had a fire escape route and that the bedroom windows were lockable and a stair gate at the top of the stairs and a baby monitor, think that was everything. Actually got overnight registered at an inspection 4 years ago and just re done last week and everything ok. She just had a quick peek in the room and that was it.

moomillion Wed 09-Sep-09 20:44:26

So do they come round then? Our bedroom windows are not lockable. There are 4windows in the frame the top 2 are lockable the bottom 2 aren't they are safety windows. Not really sure.... Have a monitor for the travel cots and have a room with spare bed and travel cot in,
Do the fire brigade come round?

HSMM Thu 10-Sep-09 08:20:54

When I registered for overnight care back in the dark ages, we had to have the fire brigade round and it was a real treat. Unfortunately it is no longer an excuse to have a man in uniform in your house.

tigersmum Thu 10-Sep-09 09:14:55

If you want them to come round just phone the local station and ask them to come and do a safety check.They came to mine not long ago as we had a serious fire on the estate where someone died so they were doing a big push on safety checks. Ofsted may have to come for a quick look or if you are due an inspection soon get the overnight care added to your certificate. I think as long as no one can climb in our out of the windows without you knowing then it should be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now