Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Raising Fee's

(5 Posts)
RosieGirl Mon 07-Sep-09 18:00:00

I am on the North Essex/South Suffolk (very rural) border. I have been childminding for 6 years and feel I offer a good service. If anyone lives in this area can I ask what you charge, as I am looking at totally re-arranging my charges and don't want to be too far out.

Cheers

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 07-Sep-09 18:01:51

When you say rearrange, do you mean put up?

danthe4th Mon 07-Sep-09 18:26:44

What do you charge now and why don't you look on the gov. website

RosieGirl Mon 07-Sep-09 19:04:11

Not just put up - some minders charge for daily and some hourly (I have been checking out some websites). I would like to encourage full-timers so will be looking at changing things. Also some stay for tea and some don't so am considering an "all inclusive" charge. I also have to travel a fair way to pick up at a nursery and being aware that I may be classed as a taxi for charging mileage, I may consider a "pick up" charge dependant upon the distace. I have looked at the gov pages but many just have "contact provider" on them and thought if any friendly CM's were on here may give me some ideas. I still charge in arrears on a weekly basis, not in advance and have just had to wait 4 weeks for payment, which is why I am looking at my whole system, which worked when I first started and had one mindee, but which is obviously not working now.

Hope this helps.

Shoshe Mon 07-Sep-09 19:14:31

I'm not in your area, butI charge hourly, and only take full timers, for under 5 spaces, and charge all inclusive at £3.60 per hour.

Minimum of 4 hours total for before and after school places.

I charge a month in advance, invoice issued on the 20th, due on the 1st.

I also used to charge 1.50 per trip for pick up using the car (now pick up from down the road so dont charge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now