Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

***£200*** OFSTED **ANNUAL** registration Fee????!!!1

(13 Posts)
PinkChick Mon 07-Sep-09 10:05:32

OMG, i had paid more last year but not THIS much!!!..how can most childminders afford to pay £200 a year to be regsitered with?..we HAVE to be registered, its not an option so theyve basically got us all over a barrel..i cant beleive the amount...also it has 2 section, both show £200..an application fee and annual reg fee...surely this doesnt mean we have to pay both??!!!sadshock

nannynick Mon 07-Sep-09 10:13:47

Ofsted Fees - From 1st September 2009

Looks to me as though it is
* £30 for childminders
* £103 for home childcarers

If you are not classified as a Childminder, or Home Childcarer then the cost is £200...
"£200 for childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for three or more hours each day and for five or more days a week and for 45 or more weeks a year and who were registered on or after 1 September 2008."

PinkChick Mon 07-Sep-09 10:24:48

OMG Nick you are right..thankyou for bringing me back down!...the way its written here shows a column saying childmindders in dark letter with lists below so it looks like if you are a cm and you fall under any of these catagories but after what you have said, ive re-read it and you are right...THANKYOU...PANIC OVER EVERY ONE 8-)...pinky must read properly and NOT jump in with both feet blush

PinkChick Mon 07-Sep-09 10:25:43

i dont see the £103 for home child carers on this tho?, would that be like Katy?

nannynick Mon 07-Sep-09 12:20:48

No, Home Childcarer is like me - a nanny.

danthe4th Mon 07-Sep-09 13:33:26

Thanks for the heart attack,lol

Katymac Mon 07-Sep-09 14:03:09

Erm....I'm still a childminder....at least I think I am hmm

PinkChick Mon 07-Sep-09 22:59:02

No Katy, i was meaning(last i heard) you where classed as a chilcarer working form home / home based childcare or some other strange title with you having more than x amount of staff

vInTaGeVioLeT Mon 07-Sep-09 23:19:36

christ pinkchick first time over here for months and i almost have a heart attack!!!

Katymac Tue 08-Sep-09 07:06:50

No I stayed under that limit......thank goodness

If I had gone over it I would have had to meet daycare regs & they are hard

PinkChick Tue 08-Sep-09 16:49:20

LOL Vi...i pop in and out ill have you know wink..x

Thats good Katy as i know you were having a nightemare as it was smile

BoffinMum Tue 08-Sep-09 16:57:32

Why have the costs gone up if inflation has gone down?

Who decides how much this should all cost?

Can people protest?

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 08-Sep-09 17:45:43

he he grin PinkChick i meant it was the first time I'd been here for months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now