Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Autumn Term has started so its back to the STAFF ROOM

(19 Posts)
Shoshe Mon 07-Sep-09 06:33:33

Coffee is on, cakes in the tin, crumpets in the toaster.

Down to one child in the morning, two in the afternoon for the next two months as I have one starting in reception, and one away.

November its all change and 3 all day plus reception child on a variation, plus afterschool child.

So very very easy term grin

But for today, I am notworking, off to Hospital, to have my elbow looked at.

LoveMyGirls Mon 07-Sep-09 06:53:57

I'm going to be having it fairly easy for a bit now too, back to school tomorrow, dd2 will be at nursery 3 days 9-3 so I'll just have 2 mindee's during those times, will have all 6 after school and for dinner so that will be the most hectic part a side from the school run.

Only 5 days until we get married and then I'm on our honeymoon until the end of the month it's the longest holiday/ break I've had since I became a mum over 10 years ago, I'm hoping to come home with a spring in my step and enough energy to last me the next 10 years grin

Shoshe Mon 07-Sep-09 06:55:34

Are you getting nervous now? smile

LoveMyGirls Mon 07-Sep-09 07:04:23

Not that nervous yet, sometimes I find myself hoping everyone enjoys it. At the moment it's more butterflies in my tummy feelings of excitement!!

I can't believe we're going to get married and it's going to be such an amazing day with everyone I love there grin I want the day to come but I don't want it to end!

Katymac Mon 07-Sep-09 07:49:34

Well I am nervous

DD starts High School

I have 10 under 3, 2 OOS, a new member of staff & what do I count a 14yo who is coming to work for me as? Do I need a child record form for her? Work permit is sorted!!

HSMM Mon 07-Sep-09 08:09:47

3rd day at school. 1st day at a proper Guide meeting for DD. 2 children on hols, so should be quiet. Porch being built over front door - so more paperwork.

Shoshe Mon 07-Sep-09 08:13:31

Anything like the 13 year old I had over the summer, you call her an Angel, and refuse to lend her out to other CM's grin

Shoshe Tue 08-Sep-09 08:07:48

My first School Run of the season (didnt work yesterday) and a walking one, as the Mindees I have now go to the local school, much easier than the car school run.

looneytune Tue 08-Sep-09 08:41:20

Thought I'd pop in and say hello Not been around much recently so no idea what's been going on? Well, apart from LMGs getting married on Saturday of course grin

Dh is doing the school run this morning as no mindees to take and I have a little boy coming for a trial run this morning. He seemed really sweet when we met and I'm looking forward to having another boy mindee as I've had all girls for such a long time!!

Right, best get myself dressed and print these permission forms etc off before they arrive as they'll be here in about half an hour! Didn't realise the time!! (my new website goes live this morning so been emailing the company with a few bits).

Have a good day all and I'll try and catch up later x

p.s. shoshe - what's up with your elbow?

Shoshe Tue 08-Sep-09 09:06:50

Little mindee (who is anything but little grin)threw himself back in my arms and dislocated my elbow a few weeks ago, dislocation is now fine but has caused problems with the joint and tendons cos of the Lupus, so had a Cortisone injection yesterday into it.

Littlepurpleprincess Tue 08-Sep-09 09:43:04

Hello ladies. I'm having a panic this morning. Was supposed to have one start this month and have just found out I am no longer having him, so I'm completely out of work. I'm advertising but not getting any calls. On top of that I'm supposed to be starting my degree next month, which I need to be working at least five hours a week for. What am I going to do?!

And, DP started pre-school yesturday. I miss him. sad

crace Tue 08-Sep-09 10:13:08

Hi everyone

Shoshe, ouch!

LT - been wondering how you were..

LMG - hooray! Enjoy your time off, and your day of course. Well done you x

Waves to everyone!

"Easy" week this week, I have 2 new starters next week which puts me "full". 2 part-timers who share the 5 days and 2 after school only. Plus my 3 of course. Next year will be easier as my daughter will be in school full time but this year will be tricky. At least I will be busy!

Littlepurpleprincess Tue 08-Sep-09 10:17:02

lol. Just realised I put DP, when it's obv DS that started pre-school. DP is going to uni.......blush

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 08-Sep-09 17:51:58

i'm very out of the "loop" been mostly staying away from mumsnet but found myself drawn back grin i only work one day a week term time now and my ds just started school i'm sad but he is grin!
anyway just thought i'd say "hi" smile

Shoshe Tue 08-Sep-09 17:58:41

i wondered where you had got to Vi, you do realise that you are not allowed a RL dontcha grin

hennipenni Tue 08-Sep-09 18:08:28

Vi, I tried that but very very slowly I'm finding myself back on this site.

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 08-Sep-09 18:18:28

he he grin well of course i don't have a "real life" but i discovered twitter and crafteroo smile
the arts & crafts and childminders sections of mumsnet are the only bits i feel "safe" on it all got too trolly and nasty sad

addictedtomn Tue 08-Sep-09 18:32:52

hi all, not been around much recently, lovemygirls good luck with the wedding, that is so exciting. shoshe thats sounds really painfull.

i'm still not working and am now undecided about wether to carryon cming with all the crap thats gone on recently, but hey ho, thats life.

hope everyone is doing well

addictedtomn Tue 08-Sep-09 18:34:48

i'm sorry i just realised i've name changed (was spotted in rl, so trying out a new name) and you all wont know who i am. i am a regular cm and i'm usually always on here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now