Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

weekends

(6 Posts)
bmz Sun 06-Sep-09 17:51:24

Hi, does anyone work weekends and how do they find it?
regards

nannynick Sun 06-Sep-09 17:56:00

Do you mean childminding, babysitting or nannying at weekends?

I do occasional care of children with special needs at weekends - usually involves taking them out Swimming or to a theme park. Don't get much demand for it... a few hours a month if I'm lucky.

bmz Sun 06-Sep-09 18:26:09

thanks for your reply. I mean chilminding at the weekends.

mumsanutter Sun 06-Sep-09 18:28:45

I mind at the weekends when the mums shifts require it, and I find that the mindee just fits in and becomes part of the family - they go where we go and take part in things with my boys.

AvadaKedavra Sun 06-Sep-09 18:51:55

I do work most Saturdays, it can get very tiring but I would lose my mindee otherwise in the week too. I do occasionally do a 7 day week but rarely and really wouldn't recommend it.

I don't find it too bad working a Saturday as I make sure the parent realises that it's just a go with the flow day, nothing major planned, just pottering about as one does on a Saturday. She is more than happy with that.

If I had little ones of my own about the place I wouldn't do it though.

bmz Sun 06-Sep-09 18:56:28

many thanks for replying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: