Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

photos/videos of your children/house on the web?

(4 Posts)
catepilarr Sun 06-Sep-09 12:37:18

talking to some /former/ aupairs i found that they often have photographs/videos on facebook/youtube/photobucket etc or blog with photos up freely available for anyone to see on the internet.
i thought at least putting a password on /shared with family and a few friend/ would be more suitable? have you got any rules? i know in america they are very sensitive about it so how do you feel in britain?

NannyBeth Sun 06-Sep-09 13:26:43

I am a nanny and I would never put photos of any children I look after on the internet without permission from the parents. Even then, I would restrict them to only being viewed by friends.

Can you tell your former au pairs you aren't comfortable with pictures of your children/house being public on the internet? On facebook at least, it isn't difficult to restrict who can see an album.

catepilarr Sun 06-Sep-09 13:59:43

i am not a nanny employer but a mothers help and i dont do it myself. i've told the girls they should not put the whole family's life on display like that but they dont see any problem with it.

PixiNanny Sun 06-Sep-09 16:15:07

I put photos on my facebook, but it stays friends only and I put them in folders that aren't tagged so that people cannot see them through going on a tagged picture

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now