Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childcare options for 1 hour a week?

(9 Posts)
avariceandlatinos Sun 06-Sep-09 10:31:52

i need to learn to drive desperatly. It'll be about an hour a week, but i've got no one to look after my 8 week old. I'm a poor student so need to minimise costs on top of 25 pound an hour lessons. Does anyone have any suggestions of where i could find childcare? no friends or family around to help.

limonchik Sun 06-Sep-09 10:39:25

Is there a neighbour who could babysit for an hour? Or maybe a drop-in creche at your local leisure centre?

Maybe see if anyone near you has a nanny or au-pair who would be willing to do an hour for you, or post an ad on netmums for a local mum who maybe you could swap care with maybe she has your baby for 2hrs a week and then you have hers and gives her a break as well,

Littlepurpleprincess Sun 06-Sep-09 11:02:59

If it's only an hour, can't you take your baby with you? My driving instructor offered to let me bring DS if I ever needed to.

You'd have to get the time right so that you don't need to feed your baby.

bigchris Sun 06-Sep-09 11:03:59

have you a partner?
could you go when they are home from work in the evening or on a weekend morning?

milknosugarplease Sun 06-Sep-09 11:30:20

hi whereabouts do you live?

was going to suggest creche but prob wont take and 8 week old, and neighbours?

milk x

littlestarschildminding Sun 06-Sep-09 15:32:28

Do you have any friends with babies? You could offer to have their baby ocassionally in return?

Ask a local cm?

moomillion Sun 06-Sep-09 16:19:55

hi I am a childminder and I have hourly/2 hourly slots that are used quite regularly i have one day a week that they all fit into but also have an assistant so we are flexible on days (except tuesdays as its a full day for us) so you should have a ring around as some childminders may be able to do it for you, you dont know if you dont ask

crazymd Sun 13-Sep-09 18:22:30

where abouts do you live

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now