Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any good playgrounds in nice parts of Oxford with swings ands slides?

(10 Posts)
TDiddy Sat 05-Sep-09 13:52:28

just visiting but would be useful

danthe4th Sun 06-Sep-09 10:59:54

Sorry don't know the area well enough but I do recommend the natural history museum in oxford its got a really good dinosaur display

TDiddy Sun 06-Sep-09 11:18:51

thanks. We did go there yesterday. We do go there and they enjoy it as it is just right for an hour or so.

twinklytoes Sun 06-Sep-09 20:03:46

you need to take the bus out of the city towards kidlington. theres a park on the banbury road that is lovely - has an avery, places to run around and at weekends a minature railway runs for the children. name escapes me but sure tourist info could tell you.

bit closer to the city is south park - need the headington bus but its only good for running around, further up into headington, behind waitrose is a nice park with swings and mini golf (if its still there.

if weather bad, nearest soft play is at the kassam stadium (cowley/littlemore)

this site may be useful

if weather is exceptionally good I'd go out to abingdon and to the park by the river, got water jets and usual play equipment

twinklytoes Sun 06-Sep-09 20:07:18

isn't it the st giles fair this week in the city centre? if it is go during the day and make sure you ride the big wheel - the views over the city are amazing

ElectricElephant Sun 06-Sep-09 20:11:12

Yes, St Giles fair is on this week - i think Monday to Wednesday (all the road around Oxford have the dates on them)

I'd second South Park (although start at the top and walk down, it's on a MASSIVE hill. Park at the top is pretty good and won't be too busy now.

twinklytoes - Abbey Park is lovely, isn't it
think there's still mini golf there too..

Catz Sun 06-Sep-09 20:14:33

The park twinklytoes mentions is Cutteslowe Park and is really nice but quite a long way North of the centre. There's also Hinksey Park which is a little way south and has an outdoor pool and splash park if the weather is nice...

TDiddy Sun 06-Sep-09 21:04:13

Thank you all twinklytoes , ElectricElephant and Catz. These are useful references. I shall report back when we visit next weekend.

twinklytoes Sun 06-Sep-09 22:03:25

I want to go to St Giles Fair now, gonna have to wait for the michelmas fair up our end in october but its not quite the same sad

ElectricElephant Thu 10-Sep-09 13:23:47

How are you finding Oxford then, did you go to the fair?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now