Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childminding

(6 Posts)
abaker Sat 05-Sep-09 09:11:05

Hi, Just wondered how much on average would i be expected to pay a childminder to mind my 2 kids per hour in Tonbridge, kent area, as i am just looking into it at mo so i can have the odd evenings out.
Thanks.

SillyMillysMummy Sat 05-Sep-09 10:43:23

am sure someone from the area will be along, but do you mean a childminder or do you mean a babysitter? charges could be very different. A childminder would have a contract generally and you would take them to their house regularly every week, they are registered and qualified. A babysitter would come to your house and only look after your children, as and when you need them.

SillyMillysMummy Sat 05-Sep-09 10:44:21

if its babysitting, try

http://www.sitters.co.uk/

gingernutlover Sat 05-Sep-09 11:13:36

a childminder who looks after children in their (the childminders) home would expect to be paid £3.50-5.00 an hour

but since it's evening I guess what you are looking for is a baby sitter and depending on whether you use a local teen or mum you know or an agency I would imagine costs vary from around £4.50 an hour right up to around £8

I live near there and although I dont use paid babysitters I know that is what chilminders charge.

abaker Sun 06-Sep-09 10:14:53

Thanks for your advice, it gives me some idea now on charges for both babysitters and childminders.

nannymcphee Sun 06-Sep-09 19:11:50

Hi abaker I'm a childminder in Tunbridge Wells and also work for Sitters. Childminding I charge approx £5.80ph and private babysitting £6.25 ph. Sitters are a good agency, but you pay a quartarly fee and a booking fee everytime you need a sitter. Let me know if I can be of help?! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: