Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders: do you take it personally when a mindee goes to alternative child care?

(5 Posts)
reikizen Fri 04-Sep-09 20:06:54

Just some advice really. We have a lovely childminder but has been unreliable (letting me down at last minute for funny reaons) and I really need to have childcare that I can rely on. I have now been offered a place at an after school club which dd1 is keen to go to but I don't want to leave it badly with childminder. Should I just be honest about our reasons for leaving? We will see her all the time at school.

thebody Fri 04-Sep-09 20:26:33

no cm should let you down for 'silly reasons'. You might find she doesnt want to continue and is doing this to make you call time so she doesnt have to.

Anyway if shes not committed then definatly go elsewhere, I dont see how you can lie about the reasons as you will continue to see her, be honest, always best policy and best of luck.

nbee84 Fri 04-Sep-09 20:37:03

I think I would take the easy option and tell a little white lie. I'd tell her that dd is really keen to go to the after school club as some of her friends go too. I know it's not being entirely honest but it makes things easier if you are going to see her regularly.

reikizen Fri 04-Sep-09 20:40:28

I'm leaning towards the 'white lie' as it kinds of avoids the possibility of it looking like I am making judgements about her professionalism iyswim and it is true that lots of dd1's friends go there.

AvadaKedavra Fri 04-Sep-09 22:35:23

White lies I have had reason to use white lies myself recently when giving notice rather than tell a family their attitude stinks, that they are rude, obnoxious and upsetting!!

Unless there is a need it's probably best to leave on good terms all around :

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now