Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

C/M club: Ugh.. why me.. what do I do here?

(6 Posts)
whymewhatnow Wed 02-Sep-09 13:57:05

I have an almost 6 year old today (he's a regular but normally just after school..). We went to a toddler group today (a mixed group of primary and toddlers today) and had a lovely time. Until I was helping clear up at leaving time, the older boys went off to play on the other side of the hall. One boy comes running over "Mindee is touching DS (my DS) willy!".

I of course had a quiet word about private parts etc not to touch etc etc.. Mindee was very upset and worried about it, so I am not overly concerned. (My DS was trying to stop him btw - I saw the end of it) I did not make a big deal of it, leave that to his parents but obviously need to watch him here just in case it's not a one off.

The issue really is that there were others around us. Obviously I will have a word with the parents but do I need to record this any other way?

whymewhatnow Wed 02-Sep-09 13:58:00

PS - This was outside of clothes

HSMM Wed 02-Sep-09 14:04:17

I would mention it to parents and make a note of it, but he was probably just curious.

whymewhatnow Wed 02-Sep-09 14:14:38

Not worried on that front, he's surely curious - and children do these kind of things. Why in front of the village, I don't know!

atworknotworking Wed 02-Sep-09 17:46:03

I would record it and mention it to parents, I know a mindee where a very similar thing happened at a play group and someone reported the incident to ofsted, at least if its recorded youv'e got your paperwork to back you up.

whymewhatnow Wed 02-Sep-09 18:14:56

I put it in the concerns/incident book and I will talk to his parents when he's not around. I don't want to make a big thing of it but I have to cover myself hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now