Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What do you do when you suddeny need childcare, like TOMORROW !

(9 Posts)
WriggleJiggle Wed 02-Sep-09 13:50:36

So, what are the chances of finding childcare for 2 under 5's, 10am-5pm tomorrow and 9.30-12pm Friday, in the Watford area?
Mmmmm.
I don't suppose there are any childminders or nannys lurking who have spaces?

HSMM Wed 02-Sep-09 14:05:37

phone round all your local childminders. some may have vacancies now the children have gone back to school. finding space for 2 is MUCH harder than 1 at short notice.

Good luck!

luckylou Wed 02-Sep-09 14:12:06

Or you could look for someone in your area on one of the childcare websites -I've found childcare.co.uk is the best for that.

I'm a nanny who does temporary and emergency childcare, and I've been contacted through that site by someone needing childcare the next day in the past.

Wish you were in my area - I've been pounding the streets today putting cards in shop windows in the hopes of finding someone in just your situation!

Good luck

CHOOGIRL Wed 02-Sep-09 14:18:24

Emergencychildcare.co.uk I've not used them, but a friend recommended them.

sausagerolemodel Wed 02-Sep-09 14:22:34

I have used sitters for this kind of cover before. They were helpful and swift to find someone.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 02-Sep-09 14:36:22

look on netmums for nannys who are temping or part time, as well as maybe placing an ad on NJ - there are a few nannys in herts on there

"I'm a nanny who does temporary and emergency childcare, and I've been contacted through that site by someone needing childcare the next day in the past"

ditto and even been rung at 7am asking if free for 8am three times, when the nanny/cm was ill

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Wed 02-Sep-09 23:08:04

I could do it if you still need someone

I am a nanny so I would come to you (with my CRB, Refs, Public liability insurance, first aid cert etc

Non smoker, 7 seater (fully insured) car, 17 years experience as well as being a mum of 3.

messalina Wed 02-Sep-09 23:31:13

Emergency childcare - have used it too and it was fine but cheaper to go direct to the nanny agencies in your area. EC charge a premium for dealing with the agencies, I think. I paid double for them.

WriggleJiggle Thu 03-Sep-09 01:26:42

Thankyou for your wonderful quick responses. I have tried all the websites and have possibly found someone who can do it.

Alison - thanks for your email, yes I've outed myself as a MNer grin. Will keep hold of your contact details for future use!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now