Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

C/m Club - WEBSITE advise please..........

(11 Posts)
looneytune Wed 02-Sep-09 11:55:36

Hi everyone

Just a quick question. My new website goes live very soon and I was wondering what your thoughts are on the order of my pages? I have a navigation bar down one side with the following pages and I'm trying to think of what information needs to be more at the top:

Home
About looneytune
Times & Fees
Facilities & Activities
Meals
Before/After School Club
School Holiday Club
Qualifications
Experience
References
Ofsted Inspection Reports
Photo Gallery
What's New
Early Years Foundation Stafe
Overnight Care
Babysitting

I'd love to hear from parents as I'd like to know what information is more important to you?

Any help would be fab

LT x

p.s. i also have vacancies, policies & procedures etc. but these are at the bottom of the page.

looneytune Wed 02-Sep-09 11:59:10

and yes, I know I've used the wrong word in the title, should be advice blush

HSMM Wed 02-Sep-09 14:02:41

I think as a parent I would want to know vacancies and prices first????

looneytune Wed 02-Sep-09 14:11:16

Cheers for that. I'm thinking of putting the Vacanices page on the navigation bar now as they've put it along the bottom of the home page with policies/procedures and useful links and I personally think it's key info isn't it.

Right, what about the rest? Anyone fancy numbering in order of importance? wink

atworknotworking Wed 02-Sep-09 14:15:24

Hi Looney <big wavey things>

I fancy re-doing mine, it's looking a bit tired now.
But I was thinking about putting Vacancies / Fees on the top or in quite big sort of box kind of things so they are very visable. then a contact us thing, and the stuff down the side similar to what you have put on and then a whats on locally bit and a links page for family related stuff.

moomillion Wed 02-Sep-09 14:31:33

who has done this for you if you dont mind me asking?

looneytune Wed 02-Sep-09 14:41:18

Well I did my own when I started but this one has been built by a mindees' parents company. I'm not paying and I've got an absolute bargain as this sort of site would have cost thousands so I don't want to tell them to change little pidly bits like this. I've got a system to use for updating bits myself and I just want to get the order right

atwork - hiya Thanks for that, good luck with your changes

looneytune Wed 02-Sep-09 19:21:18

bump for evening lot

nannynick Wed 02-Sep-09 19:42:39

I would be inclined to have a text description of how many vacancies you have at the top of the index.html page... as well as having the vacancies tab in the left navigation.
That way, when you have vacancies to fill you can highlight that... and when you are full, don't show the vacancies text on the home page.
The vacancies text should also be clickable, taking a visitor to the vacancies page so they can find out more info.

For example... have as first line of main displayed text (so after all headings and the such):

Vacancies: 1 x Age 2-4, 1 x Before & After-School

Is that possible to do on your new website content management system?

WriggleJiggle Thu 03-Sep-09 01:37:37

I'd want to be able to easily find contact details, vacancies, prices and about you.

Followed by Facilities & Activities, Meals, photos

Then probably Before/After School Club, chool Holiday Club, References, Ofsted Inspection Reports, Overnight Care,
Babysitting

Experience and qualifications I would expect to find in the about you section.

I wouldn't care about Early Years or what's new.

looneytune Mon 07-Sep-09 19:39:18

Thanks everyone, should be live tomorrow

Nick - I can't add it to the top as such as the Home page design is one bit and the content I can manage is the text underneath that. As vacancies can be quite complicated at times, I think I'll stick with it just being on the vacancies page

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now