Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted Inspection: Check! CRB Check: Pending...

(5 Posts)
BlueSkyDay Wed 02-Sep-09 11:11:38

Hey there,

Had my Ofsted Inspection yesterday to get registered and after a mammoth 3hrs it's over. Now just got to wait on the CRB checks.

Am assuming worst case scenario...so 3 mths. Anyone's taken longer than that???

nannymcphee Wed 02-Sep-09 20:11:43

Hi BlueSkyDay, I've got my 2nd inspection coming up soon and am SO behind on paperwork, observations etc! I don't think I had to wait too long for the CRB checks to come through, but am assuming you're already childminding due to your inspection! It's a very stressfull 3 hours isn't it?! smile

luckylou Thu 03-Sep-09 07:17:52

My new CRB check came through two weeks ago; it took just four weeks.

BlueSkyDay Thu 03-Sep-09 16:17:31

thanks for the replies. no, i haven't started minding yet, the inspection was the pre-registration one. i was thinking it would have been about an hour so was surprised when it took 3!

I'm planning on starting minding on 7 dec so really hoping my crb checks come through by then and i get my certificate in time.

Good luck nannymcphee with the inspection. i found once i started studying/preparing it wasn't as scary as i'd built up in my head That said am sure I will dread the first inspection too!

Mine for new job came through in just over 2weeks, was expecting at least 6 like last time round. It should def be through by December.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now