Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice on paying CM whilst DD is at pre-school

(7 Posts)
loopybear Tue 01-Sep-09 07:19:24

Hi just wanted to know what other parents and CM's do. My DD is going to pre-school 3 mornings a week. I am taking her and CM is t collecting her. I was planning to pay CM as normal because she's fab and I didn't think she should loose out because I'm choosing to send DD to pre-school. I'm a teacher and CM works for me term time only, which is good for her, for ratios over the holidays. Over the summer holidays she owed me a couple of days for time she'd had off, she then told me she had a new child starting full time in September and had applied for variation for her ratios from OFSTED for the afternoons when she collects DD from pre-school.

Sorry rather long winded but do I pay CM as normal or negociate a lower rate for the 12 hours she's at pre-school.

nannynick Tue 01-Sep-09 07:22:41

If pre-school closes for some reason, who collects your DD?
If your DD is ill while at pre-school, who collects your DD?

If your CM would be the person who is on-call for those things, then I feel they should still be paid.

HSMM Tue 01-Sep-09 08:00:28

If the variation is only for the afternoons, then she is not available to have your DD in the mornings. I normally charge for children when they are at pre school, but I did have one on a variation for afternoons and I just charged for the afternoons. I made it clear to her parents that I would not be able to have her in the mornings at all.

danthe4th Tue 01-Sep-09 12:49:50

I agree with HSMM, if the pre-school shut for any reason or the holidays differ she is no longer available to have your child. Did she not offer you the chance to keep the place by paying full fee, if not then you don't have to pay for the morning as you are the person on call for your child not the cm.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 01-Sep-09 13:05:00

as others have said if you expect your cm to have your dd anytime in the morning then you need to pay her - as she is on call

if she would never have, and you would never ask her to have dd beofre nursery ends 12pm then i think it is fair that you dont pay her

atworknotworking Tue 01-Sep-09 13:08:50

Agree with the above.

If I drop off at pre-school and collect I charge full fee.

If I just pick up I charge from when I collect on the clear understanding that I will not cover if the child is ill or the nursery closed (this has happened a few times and I have refused care each time) sounds harsh but I fill the space with another mindee and I explained fully the implications beforehand so they made a considered choice.

loopybear Tue 01-Sep-09 19:54:55

Thank you I'll clarify about it pre-school is closed and then see what she says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now