Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Email from HMRC

(11 Posts)
mumsanutter Mon 31-Aug-09 16:39:36

I have received today (bank holiday monday!!) an email from the HMRC saying that I have been given a refund and that I should click on a pdf document to fill in some information and then submit this.

Now I am questioning this, and am going to ring my accountant tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone had experienced the same?

franklymydear Mon 31-Aug-09 16:40:36

they don't contact you by email

it's phishing

ignore

jeminthecellar Mon 31-Aug-09 16:41:07

HMM- I wouldn't trust this....

franklymydear Mon 31-Aug-09 16:41:10

unless you have applied for a rebate and requested response by email of couse

jeminthecellar Mon 31-Aug-09 16:41:39

Agree wi Frankly

mumsanutter Mon 31-Aug-09 16:46:24

I haven't contacted them in any way - i tend to leave all that up to my accountant!

Thanks for the replies

atworknotworking Mon 31-Aug-09 16:48:31

Dont reply to it I have had loads of emails from banks hmm asking me to verify my account details as their has been a security error, had 5 different banks in a week, not one that I actually use though. HMRC don't send e-mails they send refunds in a letter and only if you have requested one.

mumsanutter Mon 31-Aug-09 16:51:06

I get the bank ones as well but from the HMRC had me stumpted!! I even get them from banks I don't bank with and from ebay, paypal etc

limonchik Mon 31-Aug-09 17:04:34

NEVER click on links in unsolicited emails!

danthe4th Tue 01-Sep-09 12:53:51

There are 2 emails doing the rounds from HMRC they are both fake do not click on the links.

AvadaKedavra Tue 01-Sep-09 19:20:28

www.hmrc.gov.uk/security/examples.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now