Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ideas for gift for Childminder

(8 Posts)
CHOOGIRL Sun 30-Aug-09 21:30:16

My DD starts pre-prep this week. She has been with a fantastic CM since she was 9 months (now 3.9). CM treats her and other mindee like children she never had and definitely does for love not money. I would like to get her a gift from DD to say 'thanks'. Willing to spend up to £100. She is 50,doesn't drink or drive. Her hobbies revolve around two mindees. Any ideas?

Littlefish Sun 30-Aug-09 21:35:15

We just bought our childminder a digital photo frame. She absolutely loved it. She has two different storage cards - one with photos of her mindees which she plays during the day with they're with her, and one with photos of her family on for weekends etc.

LisaD1 Sun 30-Aug-09 21:36:09

What a lovely thought :-)

Does your CM have a particular perdume she likes? Or maybe vouchers for getting her nails/hair done?

Hope your DD settles into pre-prep well.

CHOOGIRL Sun 30-Aug-09 21:50:48

Thanks - Great idea for photoframe.

LisaD1 - She does wear perfume, but I got her that for her Easter Gift. Nails good idea to - she spent £10 getting a manicure once and thought it was a lot smile. Maybe I could get photoframe for keeps and nails for a one off pamper.

flopalong Mon 31-Aug-09 17:50:25

WOW, Just that WOW

Gosh, what a fab parent you are smile

What about a gift voucher for a pampering session at a local salon - I once got one and had the most lush facial/massage ever. Just what she needs at the end of a busy week

nannynick Mon 31-Aug-09 18:17:34

How about something for the children she cares for to use - puppets.

Nails/Pampering session at local salon sounds nice.

CHOOGIRL Mon 31-Aug-09 20:20:47

Thanks guys. Really liking the pampering idea as she spends no time/money on herself. It's all about the children. It's her birthday in a few weeks so I'll get the photoframe for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now