Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Appreciate any nanny advice (looking for one in London)

(16 Posts)
SJung Sun 30-Aug-09 20:28:53

Looking for a full-time nanny for my first child (2 mo DS). Am going back to work soon so would need to find someone to start soon. Would appreciate any advice on reputable agencies or recommendations for nannies. Am located in Central London. Open to live in or live out and would need someone M - F 7am - 7 pm. Thanks in advance!

limonchik Sun 30-Aug-09 20:36:59

I have found Imperial Nannies in London to be excellent from a nanny's perspective - though I expect they are pretty expensive. I have also found jobs through my local Netmums site and Nannyjob.co.uk.

Bink Sun 30-Aug-09 20:51:54

Yes, we had someone great from Imperial.

Subsequently, though, she (our great nanny) always used Eden. (She's not nannying any more though - moved abroad.)

Full time with just one baby - you should find some good candidates - it's an ideal job profile, though, if you want a 7am start, either have live-in or be prepared to pay quite well.

limonchik Sun 30-Aug-09 21:02:01

Agree 7am-7pm a live-in is more practical.

frakkinpannikinAGRIPPA Sun 30-Aug-09 22:43:38

As a nanny I recommend both Imperial and Eden.

BlueGreen Mon 31-Aug-09 00:31:31

Why dont you advertise on Gumtree, or netmums or even here. By doing this you dont have to pay agency fee and save you some money.

Where in central London do you live if you dont mind me asking?

SJung Mon 31-Aug-09 18:30:50

I'm new to the site and didn't know you could...is there a specific thread?
I'm in Marylebone.

frakkinpannikinAGRIPPA Mon 31-Aug-09 19:18:01

There's a thread for parents looking for childcare somewhere on here.

i can highly recommend sam from www.kidsmatter.uk.com and as its a nationwide nanny agency she has nannies from all over looking for work so a wider pool of nannies with experience and qualifications so should be spoilt for choice.

Lindsey

BlueGreen Mon 31-Aug-09 22:57:26

Sjung, look for "Mums wanting childcare" post in this section. You can advertise there for free And you can also advertise on Gumtree and nannyjob.co.uk but i think you need to pay £25 or something like that.

I know a really nice nanny, she has experience from 5 month onwards with excellent references. Let me know If you are interested.

SJung Tue 01-Sep-09 07:34:31

BlueGreen, my son is 2 months - do you think this will be ok for the nanny you know?

Thanks to everyone for the great information.

BlueGreen Tue 01-Sep-09 13:47:22

She is mature and confident with common sense. Her bosses(she works for two families) and charges adore her. But they had to let her go as they are going on maternity leave. Why don't you send me your email address? I will pass on to her then you can ask whether its OK. for her to look after 2 month old baby or not?

SJung Wed 02-Sep-09 13:41:28

BlueGreen, I can't seem to send you a message. I got to a page saying the send msg function is disabled but that you could send me a C-A-M message. Please let me know if you could do either and I'll send along. Thank you.

knads98 Wed 02-Sep-09 18:53:27

Hi I am an experienced independent nanny, also registered with Eden Nanny Agency.

If you are still looking for a nanny with impeccable references, but do not want to pay the high agency fees, I am currently looking for a position with sole charge for a newborn, 7am to 7pm. Your vacancy is ideal.

I have over 8 years experience with newborns and have previously worked for the NHS at University College Hosptial Maternity Wards.

I am also a qualified breastfeeding counsellor.

I am highly recommended by all my previous employers and can provide all references to be checked.

If you would like to have an informal chat, please call me on 07746 114567 or email me at karen_shah@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes, Karen Shah.

BlueGreen Wed 02-Sep-09 19:10:26

SJun, I tried to send C-A-M message but I couldn't. You can email to this address beriltann@hotmail.com and she will get back to you.

SJung Thu 03-Sep-09 21:31:14

BlueGreen, I emailed her.
Thank you to everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now