Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitter - refreshment etiquette

(9 Posts)
lobsters Fri 28-Aug-09 20:40:55

We've got a babysitter coming from Sitters, what is the usual form about leaving refreshments? She's doing 6.30-11, I'm assuming we won't have to provide her with dinner, obviously I'll leave tea and coffee out. Just wondering whether to leave biscuits/ cake etc. Any other tips.

Also do you tend to pay at the beginning or end of the evening?

Littlefish Fri 28-Aug-09 20:42:11

I always leave biscuits/cake out for our babysitters, and I pay them at the end in case I am a little bit late and need to pay a bit more than arranged.

Fruitbatlings Fri 28-Aug-09 20:43:09

I've worked for Sitters before.

Tea and coffee is fine. I used to bring a microwave meal with me.
You pay at the end smile

nbee84 Fri 28-Aug-09 20:47:41

Biscuits or cake and I'd leave some cold drinks too - maybe some OJ or some diet coke.

Laquitar Fri 28-Aug-09 20:54:25

Drinks and snacks. But i also show them the freezer where i always have home made food and pizza/chinese for these occasions. You can buy special offers. If she left her home at 6 she probably didn't have dinner.

BonsoirAnna Fri 28-Aug-09 20:57:08

I always show babysitters where the tea and coffee are, and tell themselves to help themselves from the fridge (where there are milk, various juices, coke etc).

Normally I buy some biscuits for DD and the babysitter to share.

BonsoirAnna Fri 28-Aug-09 20:58:24

If a babysitter arrives before the children's supper time, I always invite her to eat with them (I make that clear at the time I make the first arrangements). I leave the meal ready cooked but expect her to clear it away to the DW.

When I babysit I just expect some tea and cold drink available, maybe some biscuits but do tend to take some snacks with me to eat when children in bed (usually some yummy green and blacks choc!!).

when I babysit from 6pm I will eat earlier and if starting before that and its a baby whose on baby slop then I will take a microwave meal with me. (not that I like them very much but ok on odd occasions)

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 29-Aug-09 12:04:39

depends on the family

some offer me a meal as they know i come straight from work

or say there is pasta, pizza etc and help my self

i dont expect a 3 course meal but it is nice to be offered to help yourself

im happy with a jacket/beans on toast etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now