Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What kind of help do I need?

(3 Posts)
CantThinkofFunnyName Fri 28-Aug-09 18:50:06

A rather odd thread title I'm sure but... I'm due to have a c-section around Xmas time and have two primary school age kids. DH will be able to work from home for a couple of weeks but I know I will definitely need help getting kids to/from school, housework and all the other things us mums do. Taking the advice of other MNetters, I presume I will need help for around 6 weeks. But what type of help is this? A Mother's Help? Maternity Nurse? Can anyone give me pointers on this? We are based North London if that matters. TIA!

nannynick Fri 28-Aug-09 19:14:13

As you would be looking for short-term help, I'm thinking a [ postnatal doula]] may be what you need.
What is a Postnatal Doula you may be wondering... well, Mammy Doula says "A postnatal doula specialises in the care of you, the mother, the household and siblings; offering help with the baby when needed. She is there to empower you to be the mother that you want to be." Mammy Doula (real name Marcia) is a North London based Doula, so may be worth getting in touch with her to see if it is the sort of thing that meets your needs.

nannynick Fri 28-Aug-09 19:15:39

Try again with that first link: Questions to ask a Postnatal Doula.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: