Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How long the registration process?

(5 Posts)
deb0367 Fri 28-Aug-09 15:52:33

Hi just got word that my pre reg meetings for childminding has been put back from sep to nov. Can any one give me an idea of how long it takes from start to finish to become registered, as i am eager to get going with this. Thanksgrin

shoshe Fri 28-Aug-09 16:05:28

how long is a piece of string?

In theory 12 weeks, for the ICP course, you get your paperwork to fill out for Ofsted, CBR etc, half way through.

but how long it takes to get your CBR done, and Ofsted to come and do your pre working Inspection, can be anything from the three months from sending it in, till when ever you finally get Registered to be honest.

balijay Sat 29-Aug-09 09:45:42

I went on my pre reg briefings in March this year and I am expecting my certificate to finally come next week, so a good 5 months.

Lou

peanutbutterkid Sat 29-Aug-09 10:02:58

Took about 18 months for a friend of mine, they will drag their feet like crazy if they don't think your area particularly needs more childcarers.

deb0367 Sat 29-Aug-09 15:17:27

Thanks to everyone for your imput, it looks like i have a bit of a wait.I do hope it is worth the wait.hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now