Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What would you do?

(6 Posts)
LaurenD Thu 27-Aug-09 18:24:15

HELP!

I am about to start an after school run in September - have met with mum and child, signed contracts, shared policies etc. I invoiced her last night (via e.mail as I require payment at the beginning of the month for the month ahead) and received an reply saying that the invoice was actually wrong because her clinic hours (she is s GP) have changed and she now only requires me 7 hours a week - previously she had said it would be a min of 10 - (two days will only be for an hour after a school!!!)
What would you do?
I am tempted to tell her to go jump BUT she will also be using me for every school holiday so don't want to cut my nose off to spite my face!I don't accept requests for less than two hours care (especially that require me to drive to and from a school!) as its just not worth my while - but that is not written in my contact. Should I say anything at all OR should I keep her on my books for the time being until I find a better school run/family?

PLease let me know what you think - I am stumped!

P.S. Am a relatively new CM and don't want to get a bad rep either!

THANK YOU!
x

twopeople Thu 27-Aug-09 18:40:54

Message withdrawn

twopeople Thu 27-Aug-09 18:41:46

Message withdrawn

Dominique07 Thu 27-Aug-09 18:44:10

It would be reasonable to explain that it wouldn't be financially worthwhile to you to work less than two hours. Anyone could understand that... and say you could still work holidays but need to find more hours during term time.

HSMM Thu 27-Aug-09 18:51:51

I had this (before signing contracts) and the child now goes to an after school club during term time and comes to me in the holidays. Is that an option for you? Otherwise, you need to decide whether to stick to your 2 hour rule. If you are going to look for someone else, make that clear to them now and they may decide to pay you for the 10 hours to keep the space.

gingernutlover Thu 27-Aug-09 21:01:56

did she sign a contract for 10 hours a week?

Doesnt she have to give you notice to change her hours?

I know nurseries are different but I have to give 1 month notice if i want to reduce the hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now