Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

going rate for babysitters...oxfordshire

(4 Posts)
discoball Tue 25-Aug-09 18:44:30

Hi, could I have general opinion please... I am about to advertise my babysitting services (am a T.A./CRB checked/qualified first aider,...etc...) and not sure what to charge. Was thinking about £8 per hour and £10 per hour for every hour after midnight. Is this too expensive? Thank you.

Laquitar Tue 25-Aug-09 18:56:04

It seems reasonable to me, this is what i pay plus tip-but am in london and have 3 dcs.
Although i'm sure people will come and tell you that they pay a teenager £5 for the night.

marcymoo Tue 25-Aug-09 20:42:17

Well I live in oxon too and find it very difficult to get a trustworthy sitter for less than£7 an hour.

dh and I dont go out very often, we have 3 dc and our main priority would be someone trustworthy who was confident in dealing with the lo, not at lot to ask I know, but almost blinking impossible round here!!

Good luck with it, I feel if you are qualified and confident your fees should be fine!!

discoball Tue 25-Aug-09 22:30:26

Many thanks for both your messages. smile I know what you mean, Marcymoo, I am a mum myself and my main priority is someone who is trustworthy, although luckily enough my mum is nearly always available! I just didn't know how much to charge and did not want to appear greedy!! Thanks again to you both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now