Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

advice r.e photos

(12 Posts)
milknosugarplease Sun 23-Aug-09 21:36:52

hiya, newbie here so bare with me if smilies etc are a bit mad!

i'm working as a nanny for a fantastic family with 3 great kids, anyway, when we go out on days out or even just to the park, i often take pics on my camera phone of kids- have had some great ones that the parents love, they dont seem to mind me doing this, i upload them onto the computer and save in a password protected folder, so i can use them at a later date, e.g. when i leave make an album or presents for the mum and dad

anyway, another family i know (a friend nannies for them) has said that she wouldn't tell the nanny to stop taking photos but she would be unhappy with them going on the nannies computer- i put them on mine purely because my phone wont work with theirs.

my question really is would you have a problem with your nanny doing what im doing?

many thanks
milknosugarplease

catepilarr Sun 23-Aug-09 23:51:13

i can see that a family wouldnt like photos of their children on the web but on their nanny's computer?

milknosugarplease Mon 24-Aug-09 00:09:23

hi,
would never EVER put them on the web, i am def the only person who can access them on my own private computer under a password protected file.

the family i work for seem to be fine about this but im still feeling a bit unsure now...

i would keep them on my phone rather then comp but it has a rubbish memory!

i just think that if i stopped taking pics it would be such a shame- have got some real lovely ones...am i being silly over this?

sorry if this is a bit random...have just discovered mumsnet and nanny childminding bit!

thnk for replying!

MrAnchovy Mon 24-Aug-09 01:08:58

I don't have a problem with this - most of our nannies have done it and we have had some lovely presents from them with pictures of the kids.

HSMM Mon 24-Aug-09 08:24:06

If you can't download them from your phone to their computer, then you could download them onto your computer, move them onto a memory stick and upload them onto the parents computer. That way they don't have to worry about you keeping a copy.

milknosugarplease Mon 24-Aug-09 08:51:27

hiya, have tried to download them from my comp to theirs using a usb stick but it didn't work properly (pics wouldnt come up large only small icons iygwim)...any comp techs out there ( or anyone thats computer literate at least!...im not!)...i have a normal computer and i tried to put them onto and apple mac...was it just the computer or my phone?

thanks v much for the responses

AmazingBouncingFerret Mon 24-Aug-09 08:55:28

Hey welcome to mumsnet!
My childminder has been taking photos off my DS since he was 6 months old and she store them all on her computer I have no problem with this whatsoever.

nannynick Mon 24-Aug-09 09:02:51

I would have thought that you are more likely to lose your phone than you are your computer. If you lost your phone, then the pictures could get into someone else's hands.

No idea about Apple Mac's... you could try posting on the Geeky Stuff board.

milknosugarplease Mon 24-Aug-09 09:13:51

thank you!

didnt even know there was a geeky stuff bit! must say i'm loving mumsnet!

have asked them how to transfer photos so hopefully someone can help,

thank you for your replies!!

Littlepurpleprincess Mon 24-Aug-09 09:13:56

I think the issue here is your friends problem TBH. If she doesn't trust her nanny to use the photos responsably then why does she leave her kids with her?

It sounds like you are very responsable and have a good working relationship with the family you nanny for, so don't worry about other people's nit picking.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 24-Aug-09 18:07:18

ditto purple princess

I have taken many pics of my charges and have got tons of them on my pc from days out at beachs/zooz/parks/birthday partys etc

i often take a pic on my mobile and then text it to mb/db which they love getting at work

i download them to my lappy then normally email them to db/mb

alibubbles Tue 25-Aug-09 17:28:03

I have a mac and all of my own family and minded families have pc. There shouldn't be a problem, I just drop the memory stick file into iphoto and it transfers them automatically. you can also download from any camera straight to a mac with no need for any software.

I took my macbook air to Singapore and bought a new camera. I downloaded all the photos using the lead that came with the camera.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now