Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can anyone recommend a childminder in Balham/Tooting/Clapham area?

(14 Posts)
bean612 Sun 23-Aug-09 20:25:44

Or even slightly further afield (eg. Streatham, Earlsfield). My 8-month-old DD has started settling in with a childminder but it's going really badly. I'm mindful that it's probably as much to do with her age and the fact that she hasn't been left with anyone other than me and DH since she was quite little, but I need to explore other options. Any recommendations hugely appreciated!

bigdonna Sun 23-Aug-09 21:39:07

hi bean612 i replied on your other thread where abouts are you i do have a cm friend(i have known her for 25yrs,we nannied in chelsea)she lives near streatham vale ,figges marsh she has a part time vacancy i have just taken on an 8 month old last week.she is registered i can give you her no if you want it,i know she collects kids from home too!!!!

bean612 Sun 23-Aug-09 21:52:18

Oh, hello bigdonna! That would be brilliant, thank you. We're in the middle of Balham, so not quite next door to Streatham Vale, but I'm prepared to travel if we can find the right person. What's the best way to do it? Can you send it to me via the 'Contact poster' option?

bigdonna Sun 23-Aug-09 22:28:16

if you go on the childminder list and look for rosemary niklin .good luck

bigdonna Sun 23-Aug-09 22:36:18

sorry if you click london then merton shes on the list it says no vacancies but ring her any way!!!i know she had someone come to visit last week so hopefully she hasnt taken any one else on good luck

bean612 Sun 23-Aug-09 23:22:20

I've just emailed her - fingers crossed! Thank you.

bigdonna Mon 24-Aug-09 15:11:40

good luck i have known rosy as a friend for a very long time and i know she will care for your dd as her own!!!good luck on thursday

tatty33 Tue 25-Aug-09 21:16:12

Hi bean,

Nothing against the recommended cm, but I would really consider if having a cm that far afield will work for you, it can make getting to work on time/ leaving in a hurry ( which I do every day!) really tricky.

I know finding the right person is hard, but location is really important too....

Good Luck

Mtorun Wed 26-Aug-09 13:57:39

bean612, would you consider a nanny share? I know a family with a 7 month old baby. And they live in Clapham South. Let me know so I can give you more info.

bean612 Wed 26-Aug-09 18:35:53

Hi Mtorun, yes I would, and more info would be great - thank you!

Mtorun Thu 27-Aug-09 00:36:04

I have just emailed her and asked if she is still looking. I will let you know as soon as I hear from her.

Mtorun

bean612 Thu 27-Aug-09 12:37:46

Thanks very much Mtorun.

Mtorun Thu 27-Aug-09 19:57:02

bean612, could you please provide an email address as the other family has contacted me.

Thanks,
Mtorun

bean612 Thu 27-Aug-09 20:15:23

You can use <bobean0812 at googlemail dot com>. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now