Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.


(5 Posts)
maggi Sat 22-Aug-09 22:32:38

Im a cm who has just broken her foot and have been told I cant work. I can get incapacity benefit apparently does anyone know if it is worth claiming anything else. (I have a working hubby).
Anyone had experience of a broken limb and not being able to childmind? My particular break has a potential of a 12 week healing process (looked it up on net) because of where it is.
Tried persuading insurers to let me look after the over 8's since they just need a supervising eye and can get themselves out of the house in an emergency. But no luck.

Katymac Sat 22-Aug-09 22:56:20

I think that if you have been paying your NI then you might get Incapacity benefit - but I am not completely sure (as the rules changed after I left)

Have a google

SillyMillysMummy Sun 23-Aug-09 08:09:08

You may be entitled to contributory employment and support allowance (replaced incapacity benefit) if you have paid enough national ins conts, also income related ESA if by being off sick your family has a low income and doesn't claim any income support. Hth

Tocky Sun 23-Aug-09 09:34:58

If you get ESA and your DH is on a low wage then you might qualify for some council tax benefit as well (and housing benefit if you rent).

maggi Sun 23-Aug-09 13:36:54

Thanks for your replies. Going to make phone calls in the morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now