Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: strange one..

(6 Posts)
crace Fri 21-Aug-09 19:35:02

Am I being sensitive here? I have a part time mindee - it's an only child and mum is pretty precious (as she should be! just giving background)

Anyway - one day we went out to meet up with friends, met at the park, then a pub for lunch and back out to the park for a while. Then in the afternoon we did a couple of art projects. I thought it was a great day myself.

Anyway, I got a note saying thanks for the art and some stuff I had passed on. Oh, and by the way, she had some bruises and scrapes.. aren't they hard to control..

I have reworded this, heaven forbid I offended her somehow - I like this child and the mum.. so it's not that. I am more "worried" that I have done something not right here..?

itsmeolord Fri 21-Aug-09 19:38:24

If my dd had come home with some bumps or bruises I would like to know what happened, not because I am precious but because I would need to know as dd has a skin condition.

Perhaps she was just trying to gently remind you to let her know if there is a fall or graze? I think that's reasonable tbh.

Doesn't sound like she has the arse though, I would have thought she would have been a little more direct if that were the case?

nannynick Fri 21-Aug-09 19:40:27

As its her first child, perhaps explain that in your many years of experience of children, children do indeed get bruises and little scrapes whilst playing. The child may not even notice it, as they are so engrossed in their play. If a child was to hurt themselves to the extent that they did notice it, you would take the appropriate First Aid action (often a bit of TLC) and if other children were involved warn all the children to be a little more careful to avoid injury.

crace Fri 21-Aug-09 19:41:28

I didn't notice any scrapes when I cleaned her up. We were with a group of children but in my supervision completely 100% and I stopped any rough housing.. but something could have come up today I suppose. sad

crace Fri 21-Aug-09 19:42:47

Thanks Nick - yes, I would have done that. An incident report would have been filled in too. I suppose I am having a huge moment of self-doubt..

nannynick Fri 21-Aug-09 19:52:27

Children bump and scrape themselves all the time... if it's bad you notice (or the child tells you), but if it's not then it may only get noticed at bathtime - it's not as if us childcarers can strip a child naked when we get in from a day out to check for bumps, scrapes etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now