Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny share experiences - the good, that bad and the ugly...

(6 Posts)
elizabethbob Fri 21-Aug-09 14:24:30

Am weighing up the variety of childcare options and have joined a nannyshare website. However, I don't know anyone who has done a nannyshare and would love to hear from some people who have including those who did and for whom it did not work! Are things like agreeing on when the nanny takes holiday etc difficult?!

rosiegreen Fri 21-Aug-09 14:38:01

I found a wonderful family to nannyshare with but we went wront in hiring a nanny who turned out to be a nasty piece of work. To avoid making the same mistake again, I would have insisted on 3 references (not just one) and ask really detailed questions.

nannynick Fri 21-Aug-09 18:55:58

I haven't done a nannyshare... but thought the following message threads may be useful for you to read:

Come speak to me about nanny share please!
Nannyshare hourly rate
Prospective nannyshare, what to ask the other family
Advice needed on nannyshare expectations
Nannyshare - anyone done it/doing it
Positive nannyshare stories

AnnieLobeseder Fri 21-Aug-09 18:58:48

OOoh, there's a nannyshare website? Where where where? I'm considering that option....

nannynick Fri 21-Aug-09 19:06:17

May mean TheNannySharers.co.uk - who used to sponsor the Mumsnet NannyShare board I think.

elizabethbob Fri 21-Aug-09 22:03:24

Thanks for those links NannyNick. It was nannyshare.co.uk, Annie, where you can find other families near you looking to share a nanny that they already have or wanting to find a family then find a nanny to share together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now